Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-01-2010, 11:15 PM

Rex, Collie, 2 years old

Rex, Collie, 2 years old

His Story Rex has had 2 homes before. The first weren't geared up for his "Collieness" and the second was as a work companion, but Rex was too young to spend his youth sitting in a van! He is now in foster with another dog and we are seeing his rich character come through.

Salient points Long haired Collie with an intelligent mind keen to learn, to focus on activity and especially "fun activity!" Strong on the lead at this stage of his life and level of training.

Advert Rex means King ... and Rex is so much the King of Collies! He is a beauty and his beautiful mane and robes turn all heads. He is not a hyperactive Collie, but is a young energetic Collie who needs companionship and occupation. He would settle with another dog and tries to tame his energy into gentle dealings with people and dogs. We are seeing him with his 'kennel energy', but he will soon settle past his excitement and signs are he is equally ready to chill. We have not cat tested him.

Rex is just 2 years old and is everything you would expect from a Collie of this age and size. He hasn't had strict training, but his temperament is well meaning and he tunes into expectations and focuses on reward incentives readily. Rex needs a dog experienced family who aren't bowled over by his 30 kilo weight/size, but appreciate his youth and richness of character and walk/talk with him through his training needs to put the polish on his crown and have fun with this clown!

Rex on video:

lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 12:46 AM
oh he is stunning! and i love the video, they are both so cute together. i hope he finds his forever home very soon.
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 12:55 AM
Awww He's lovely, his face is like Lens only Len hasn't got Pricked ears! , Lovely to see him racing round the garden! He's be good at Agility!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 07:31 AM
Lovely, and just by your short video I am in no doubt he's typical Collie

I unfortunately am not able to offer him a home we need our youngest to get to 3 plus before our 4th comes, but I am sure he will find a forever home....fingers xxxxxx he's gorgeous (knew I shouldn't of looked )
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

17-01-2010, 07:32 AM
he is astounding, wish i could take him, he would be perfect for me
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 08:32 AM
Cracking dog......hope he finds a forever home very soon x
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

17-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Ok this is going to get you all drooling then, as it has me ...

An update on Rex by his fosterer!

“Batman and Robin refusing to leave the bat cave after a busy morning fighting crime

If no one minds, i'm just going to show off Rexs' new skill

We've switched up the walking now, he's now walking on a halti and a metal lead. It's made such a huge difference, so really just to show how manageable he is in this combo.

ONE FINGERED!!! GO REX!!!!!!

Rex and I have been working hard all day to impress everyone with this, so hope you enjoy!

Click link below”:

http://www.vimeo.com/8799255
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Hes fantastic, lovely & dark!
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Oh he is just gorgeous
If i hadn't just taken on my lovely lad, i would be seriously tempted by Rex

I've sent his info to my friend she just needs to convince her OH they need a second collie

Jann
xxx
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

24-01-2010, 09:47 PM
Just to show how well he looks after his wonderful break -

Rex has benefitted so much from his time in foster. Unfortunately due to their personal circumstances they cannot keep him longer and he is back in kennels. Waiting for another respite in foster or his forever home to come along!
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >