Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

03-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Today's update from one of our volunteer walkers:

"I LOVE THIS DOG! Beautiful, cuddly and playful - always greets you with a wagging tail. Was alot happier on the walk once we took her jacket off and she copied everything my dog did it was so cute! Fantastic as usual and always a pleasure".

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

15-01-2010, 10:36 PM
Ava's foster placement has come to it's agreed end - she got a few extra days out of it because of the bad weather, but is now back in kennels. I think our fosterer is going to miss her! Here is her fosterer's final update:

"So sad to be giving Ava back tomorrow such a lovely dog, she takes a while to come out of herself, but when she does she's so funny, very talkative like most English Bull Terriers and very playful. She wants to be a part of everything whether you want her to or not! She learns really quickly as long as your very firm with her, we treated her as if she wasn’t deaf and to be honest you would hardly of noticed a difference between her and my dog - she reads your body language really well. At the start of the week she did keep snapping at my dog, but with a telling off from us and finally a grumble from my dog she learnt her place and was happy and in the end I couldn’t get them apart and all they did was play. She's still got a way to go with her food, we didn’t let her in the kitchen to solve some of this, but we were able to stand next to her and stroke her whilst she ate. I only gave her small treats so she had to take them out of my hand and if she snapped she didn’t get, but after about the 3rd time she had learnt. We did keep the dogs apart while they ate, but they were happy to share water bowls, toys and beds.

She's toilet trained, not 1 accident, always lets you know by standing at the door or WINDOW! Bless her ha. One thing to point out is she did have a grumble at me a few times when I told her off, it looks a bit intimidating, but you just stand up to her and hold your ground she seems to understand she's done bad when I point my index finger at her. She doesn’t follow through - its all show just her wanting to be top dog.

She greeted dogs outside well and didn’t pull too much on walks, loves her kisses and cuddles and will be sadly missed".

magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2010, 01:12 PM
Aw bless her. Her 'attitude' sounds just like my kismet. Always answering back and feisty. Trust me it's a challenge worth taking on. So funny to have a conversation or argument about everything like having a kevin teenager at home. Whoever takes this doggy will have a lifetime of laughs ahead!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2010, 01:53 PM
aw, she is gorgeous! i hope she finds her forever home soon xx
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

18-01-2010, 09:46 PM
An update from one of our volunteer kennels walkers:

“Ava is back in kennels, but has clearly had a whale of time in foster and is still on cloud 9!! She has been moved to the "ladies block" (so must have done something right!) and was bright as a button today - no sulking for this young lady.

We had a good long walk, a chat, lots of snuffling about, LOTS of treats, met other dogs, more chats, more snuffling about. Ava is a total dream to walk - she loves life, loves people, loves dogs - what she would love more than anything is a nice warm home!

She is young fit and gorgeous and all those Bullie fans should be queuing round the block. At the end of her walk she trotted back to her kennel and had a huge big chewy bone to sink her gnashers into. Very happy girlie -

Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2010, 06:41 AM
She's so beautiful.......

I hope she finds her forever home very soon x0x
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

24-01-2010, 09:10 PM
An update from Ava’s fosterer:

“Well she's settled in just fine, sleeps a lot! Loving all the attention and meeting all the neighbours. She now sits and waits patiently for her lead to go on and when we get in she sits again and waits for her paws to be wiped, she's so smart, by the 3rd time she just does it”!

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

01-02-2010, 09:50 PM
An update from Ava’s fosterer:

We all went for a lovely walk on Sunday she got to meet a few other dogs, always greets with a wagging tail and occasionally the bull terrier spin when she's really happy, but unfortunately I forgot my camera!

She's doing really well and no longer snatching treats.She does like to sit and watch you eat, but gives you just enough space for you to feel comfortable, she'll soon get the message that you don’t get bits from our plates. (not that there’s anything ever left)! Well here's some pics of her doing two of her favourite things, sleep and play!

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

07-02-2010, 07:34 PM
Ava's learning that when we play she brings it back and lets go, she also loves meeting everyone whether its out on a walk or in the house, but everyone is greeted the same, with lots of wags. she's such a happy girl!

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

22-02-2010, 11:31 PM
Another update from Ava’s fosterer:

“Ava is coming on in leaps and bounds! She's putting on weight and getting comfortable with us around her whilst she eats. She's enjoying her walks with a long lead so she can have a bit of a run, but she doesn’t understand birds! She stops and stares with the occasional bark, I think she wants to fly!

More pics of gorgeous Ava ...”

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >