Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

25-07-2009, 05:34 PM

Bailey, Lurcher, 4 yrs old

Bailey, Lurcher, 4 yrs old

His Story: Found stray - unclaimed.

Salient points: Young wire haired Lurcher. Limited assessment, but gentle natured. Good at mixing with dogs outside. Newly neutered.

Advert: Bailey is a young Lurcher who was found stray. He has been in kennels for 7 months. We have now heard of him and been busy preparing him for homing. He isn't coping well in kennels and has developed patches on his coat probably due to kennel stress. The sooner we can find his home or move him into foster the better.

Bailey has been causing a stir in our rescue with the amount of interest he is generating and indeed as occurred when he went to the vets for neutering. He is a gentle lad, medium size for a Lurcher, not full Greyhound size. Bailey will need time to settle into his home and pick up with housetraining and houserules generally ... so we are a looking for a family who have the skills to enable him to feel reassured and give him the companionship and time to find himself. Beautiful lad who needs a new beginning, true to his name ... a very sweet and popular Spirit.

"Please note that this dog is currently in kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found".

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

26-07-2009, 09:53 PM
An update from Bailey’s foster home:

“So pleased to see Bailey today looking a lot brighter. As promised, we took him for a walk along the River and boy was he pleased to be out.

Met a little friend on our travels.

Bailey was very happy today and was more than ready for a lovely long walk. Enjoyed his walk with Merlin but does think every Dog wants to play. I would love to see this boy off lead and do what he was born to do run, run and then some. I bet he looks magnificent in full flight.

A real special boy Bailey and met his "fan" today at the kennels who so wishes her life was different so she could have him”.

BAILEY IS STILL LOOKING FOR HIS FOREVER HOME!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2009, 09:56 PM
he is beautiful. i hope he finds his forever home really soon. x
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

03-08-2009, 09:58 PM
Bailey was homed directly so we can close his thread
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

23-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Bailey's direct homing didn't work out so he is back on our books. Here is his ad again:

Bailey, Lurcher, 4 years old needs home!

Bailey

His Story: Found stray - unclaimed.

Salient points: Young wire haired Lurcher. Limited assessment, but gentle natured. Good at mixing with dogs outside. Newly neutered.

Advert: Bailey is a young Lurcher who was found stray. He has been in kennels for 7 months. We have now heard of him and been busy preparing him for homing. He isn't coping well in kennels and has developed patches on his coat probably due to kennel stress. The sooner we can find his home or move him into foster the better.

Bailey has been causing a stir in our rescue with the amount of interest he is generating and indeed as occurred when he went to the vets for neutering. He is a gentle lad, medium size for a Lurcher not full Greyhound size. Bailey will need time to settle into his home and pick up with housetraining and house rules generally ... so we are a looking for a family who have the skills to offer him, enabling him to feel reassured and give him the companionship and time to find himself. Beautiful lad who needs a new beginning, true to his name ...a very sweet and popular Spirit.

"Please note that this dog is currently in kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found".

[Mod edit/Breach of guidlines]

Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Aw bless him, he is lovely!! Hope he finds his forever home asap!!
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2009, 09:25 PM
He's adorable, can I ask why his home didn't work out.. ?

He's so like a wire haired version of my Pharaoh, I could seriously consider giving him a foster...

How is he with people? My aunt is currently looking for a live in therapy companion (PAT dog) for the care home she owns.. She was looking for a spaniel type, but I know lurchers are in her heart as she has always owned lurchers and labradors before.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

29-10-2009, 11:02 PM
New photos of Bailey who is currently in foster and still looking for his forever home!

tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-10-2009, 11:41 PM
he looks lovely! why are things not working out?!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

30-10-2009, 09:47 PM
Bailey is currently in a foster home so waiting for a forever family to find him
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >