Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
justjess
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-12-2008, 10:54 AM

So pround of my boy.

I am soo pround of Kaiser, not only is now eating, he is now house trained (well not had an accident for about a week and a half but i have probably jinxed it now lol) ever since we got rid of the newspaper he hasn't done anything in the house. He now sits on comand and downs almost every time and stays and comes to the whistle.

He is having his 2nd vaccination tomorrow so he will be able to start puppy class soon, and i can't wait to take him on his first walk, I know it can't be very long but i will probs walk him to the end of the road and back. He is getting very bored with just the house and garden bless him.

piccies soon
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Although pups can't go for very long walks try to go where you're likely to encounter other dogs and people, pushchairs, bikes, joggers etc. etc. The greater the variety of encounters the better. We used to make sure we were never out for less than an hour, just hanging around in the park meeting and greeting as many as possible. You can practise your training there too, and he'll learn very early to sit and stay with distractions around and recall needs to be worked on as early as possible too. It's not the best weather for hanging about outside I know but these early weeks are so important for getting them used to everything and learning to take it all in their stride. Wrap up warm and have fun.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2008, 12:31 PM
Well done to your little one....and I hope you soon enjoy the walks, all those sights and sounds....how exciting
justjess
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-12-2008, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Although pups can't go for very long walks try to go where you're likely to encounter other dogs and people, pushchairs, bikes, joggers etc. etc. The greater the variety of encounters the better. We used to make sure we were never out for less than an hour, just hanging around in the park meeting and greeting as many as possible. You can practise your training there too, and he'll learn very early to sit and stay with distractions around and recall needs to be worked on as early as possible too. It's not the best weather for hanging about outside I know but these early weeks are so important for getting them used to everything and learning to take it all in their stride. Wrap up warm and have fun.
unfortunately where we are now there are hardly any cars all the other dogs are not good with other dogs and there isn't any where to go to meet people, but we are moving in a week to a place with lots of things like that lol. He have taken him to meet a couple of dogs and there is one dog he will be able to meet when he's had his vaccs
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Aww, isn't he doing well (and good on you for training him so well )

It's always lovely to have that very first walk, do let us know all about it!

MORE PICS PLEASE!!
justjess
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-12-2008, 01:23 PM
We had a man in the garden just now ( he was there for a reason but i dont know why, i'll have to ask my mum lol) and Kai was sat at the door barking like mad acting all tough and protective so I put him on the lead and took him out to say hello and he wasn't so tough then lol, he didn't want that man near him and barked at him from a distance so i stayed out there untill he was quiet and brought him back in and now he's by the front door barking again.

can anyone explain why he was fine when the plumber came this morning and was really friendly, and now my mum and the plumber have gone and we where here on our own and now the man in the garden is here he is barking like mad and it sound like quit a big dog bark for such a young boy lol.

any way i promise that pics will be up when photobucket starts working for me again.
justjess
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-12-2008, 01:41 PM
sorry for the quality they where taken on my phone so there nto very good

k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Awwwwwwwww, he's absolutely adorable I'm just waiting on monty to get his 2nd vacc also (monday) then we can go and explore - the garden gets boring after a while, lol
chaosjoey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-12-2008, 05:01 PM
He is gorgeous!!!
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2008, 05:32 PM
He is gorgeous! I want i want, lol!!

Glad he is doing so well, well done you!