View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2019, 01:09 PM
Just emailed the pigeon man whose pigeon I found before, I have had another guest since Saturday, this one doesn't want to be caught so I am just feeding it and giving it water...I don't mind at all but worried that he will get ate by a cat or buzzard
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-07-2019, 03:41 PM
Back from the consultation.
Kept my cool but was firm in putting across my objections.

Seems though there were a lot of people there that are not happy about the three proposed sites.
Told the ecologist who assured me there will be no netting of trees and shrubs and cutting down of birds are nesting. I mentioned I have been there before and the contractors once let loose do what they want, so told him to tell them if I see any of them doing what they shouldn't the lady from 81 will be round after them giving them what for.

We will have a roof line in our view and there will be light pollution as they are obligated to put street lights up. I had a moan about that she said well you wouldn't want to live on a street with no lighting haha was my next comment when in Upwell we had no lighting it was pitch black we all managed very well and on a busy road to.

Asked who these will be aimed at and of course as we know those who can afford them. Planner said we can only do what we're told government legislation and all that. I said perhaps the companies who buy the land set an example of what's really needed and stop lining their own pockets and start thinking of the young people of the towns and villages. He was getting a little irritated with my comments.

Of course it may well turn out they have to modify the sites when planning goes in and people start to object. They weren't having a very good time as they had all three sites on display. Met the lady at no.50 and another chap from a road nearby they know a lot about the wildlife at one of the proposed sites and were making their voices heard.

I actually spoke to the planner for the houses at the back of us and I told her outright don't like them will spoil our view cause us light pollution and not at all happy. We will be objecting she said I can tell you are upset.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2019, 05:52 PM
Thing that makes me laugh about these meetings Lynn....they put them on when a lot of people are at work, they did the same with HS2 in balsall common... nobody knew about it and by the time they did they couldn't get time off work
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-07-2019, 06:50 PM
Typical of this sort of thing griff. It does run till 8pm so hopefully some who have had to work will make it.

Bit peed off when I left but a lovely thing happened in Iceland. At the till my turn came and the young lad noticed a lady standing with her bag of shopping in her trolley just stood.
So he asked if she was ok and she said no her shopping was to heavy. I thought I could walk her round to the car park but from his angle he had seen her mobility scooter asked if it was hers she nodded yes. He asked if I would mind waiting while he carried her shopping to her scooter.

When he came back I told him his mum has done a good job bringing him up, he said I hope so. I told him my two boys would do that sort of thing and its nice to see a caring young man he was about 18-20.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2019, 08:43 PM
There's still some good uns Lynn...my mum raised me to be polite, respectful and helpful so if I see someone at the till with a couple of items..they go before me
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2019, 09:10 PM
Good evening all.

Too hot for me this morning so our shortish walk that is mainly in the shade. Only me and Gary this morning as Dave came down with the dreaded lurgy yesterday. Freezing cold one minute, boiling hot the next. He's much better today but still very much off it. I think maybe the threat of A&E did the trick .

We had an amazing display earlier this evening. Around 20 seagulls were literally dancing in the air outside our front window. They continually dove and swooped for around an hour. Never seen anything like it before. Beautiful to watch.

Glad it went so well at the doc's this morning Kelly. Hope you got all the help and advice you needed.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2019, 09:19 PM
Awww no, hope Dave feels better soon
Lol...it was my smear, sadly due to issues I was 6months behind, as I am at increased risk of cancer I have to keep on top of these things, Karen is so lovely, I don't mind at all now, having had a very bad experience I missed at least 2, I asked for a couple of extra tests and she obliged no bother, we spent most of the time laughing at my unfortunate waxing experiences...I swear something gets lost in translation lol. I am disappointed that there is a 10-12 week wait for results...I don't worry too much but I am sure that there's a lot of ladies who would be a bit anxious...and to be fair, 3 months can be the difference between life and death
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2019, 10:48 PM
I wouldn't worry about the wait, Kelly. If they find something, they'll get back to you a lot sooner. It's always better to have to wait, that way you know there's nowt wrong
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2