View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2008, 08:22 AM

I had a bath with Woody last night! (no, no pics you perverts ;o)

I went upstairs last night and ran myself a nice, relaxing bubble bath with candles etc to warm up from the horrible office I work in that has no heating!

So, there I am, relaxed, warm and un-winding nicely when all of a sudden a puppy lands on top of me, in the bath!!!!! I hadn't shut the child gate downstairs properly and before my husband could stop him, Woody had climbed up the stairs and jumped straight into the bath with me!

Now I know he's a Springer and is slightly obsessed with water and that he is also my little man, BUT!!! Still, I have to say it was the easiest bath I've ever given him. He just sat there and let me wash him, then I drained the water and rinsed both of us with the shower hose, job done.

One clean puppy and one slightly bemused Mummy!

LMAO!
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2008, 09:00 AM
lol..that made me chuckle!! I would have had a heart attack if my dogs jumped in the bath!! I would have come out grubbier than I went in...!!hehehe xxxxx
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-12-2008, 09:14 AM
Silly Woody!
Both our dogs are always slightly bemused when I have a bath. They just don't get it, although Roux seems to find it entertaining to pat the water with his paw to see what happens!

One of my cats once joined my mum in the bath, except she was asleep when he decended on her!
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2008, 09:19 AM
Just as well there are no pics, that would definitely have been too much information

My Siamese cat once fell into the bath with me, that was the day I discovered cats can levitate
liz
Dogsey Junior

17-12-2008, 09:47 AM
mine will follow to the bath room, but only as far as the door till i lie down then they come to see where i have gone.
they hate water.
Irish Setter Mu
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Nice one!

I had a funny experience last night too! My friend Jo came round to do my leg wax & eyebrows and I was lying on her couch when my dear cat Smokey decided he should lie on my stomach!

I am so glad my husband was on his way home from work as if he had been there I can imagine what sort of comments we would have had to endured! I did suggest to Jo that she should take photos of any funny incidents and make a calendar & sell to charity!

I can't get my 3 anywhere near the bath! Mind you I don't think I'd want 32kg of Irish Setter to share a bath with me either!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2008, 02:38 PM
Now I have shared a shower with all my setter babes, because they like to share, but they have never come in with me... Just a good thing he hadn't been in the woods first eh?? Awww bless Woody!!!
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Kismet comes and stares at me, she thinks it's just odd... She drinks the bathwater too Selkie and Pharaoh make themselves scarce as soon as the bath starts running, they don't want to run the risk that the bath is not for me
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2008, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
Selkie and Pharaoh make themselves scarce as soon as the bath starts running, they don't want to run the risk that the bath is not for me
Same here! As a rule, the Boxers won't even go in the bathroom, even if you aren't running a bath!

Mind you, the last few times I have had a shower, Max has come upstairs to see what I am doing. He has pushed open the door and stuck his head round the shower curtain He then tries to drink the spray from the shower... however, if you make any move to encourage him to hop in the bath, he will leg it back downstairs....
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2008, 03:15 PM
well my sadie like to lick the bubbles..off the water and starts howling when i go under the water...but yoda wont even come near me-hes not a water baby.
oh and my cat once decided to join me..all i can say is sharp claws,soft skin and now red water!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >