View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2008, 08:00 PM

how long after having litter will dog be fit for competition?

a friend of mine (also with gsds) has planned to mate her bitch in january when she come into season. Her dog jade is extremely fit and has been competing in agility for a few years now. so long as jade takes the litter will be due in march. my friend asked me how long after she has had the pups can she get back into training and then competition-i did say i wasnt sure but i would think that when the pups are 3/4 wks old they could be left for a hour or two while she takes her to training?? and then probably left during the day to compete when they are 6wks??
But thats why im asking here-because i dont really know...and of course there is jades health to consider..will she be physically able to that soon??
opinions on this would be great.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2008, 09:51 PM
about 6 months to be back in full condition, the bitch will have to regain muscle tone in the abdomen and they usually coat heavily. She will need time to replace what the whelps have taken from her. Light training will be ok but she must be allowed to recover and that takes about 6 months.