Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-12-2008, 10:21 PM

Short walks

How are everyone elses dogs if they have to have a shorter walk than usual?
I ask as mine have normally been ok if their walk is a short one but the last couple of times they have been little sods, on the walk and in the house, today for example they have done my head in and not listened at all, what makes it worse is it only takes one to play up and the other two join in.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 10:25 PM
Mine have had less this week, as been battling my virus.... they have actually been pretty amazing, Deacon is worse than Jamie, whilst Jamie is content to sleep..(such energetic dogs I have ) Deacon has to be stimulated ALOT!! But he is still so young.... But on the whole they are good boys, cos I have promised them a bl***y long walk when I'm better
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 10:30 PM
Mine didn`t go out for a week while I was in hospital, and now are having pretty sedate walks. They are coping remarkably well, much to my surprise. Mind you, they have each other to play with and my sons to amuse them so they aren`t bored,
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-12-2008, 10:30 PM
Thats it, they tend to be good and cope well, but the last two times due to tv repair men being unable to give a small time frame they will turn up in, they have been swines. Even Jake who at a couple of weeks from 10 should know better.
Mika's Mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-12-2008, 08:48 AM
Mine plays up if I can't take her for a long walk or if I don't manage to get her out.
She will be a pain all day if I only manage a short walk.
Right now she's just had almost an hour and is trying to look invisible curled up on my armchair lol.

Natz
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2008, 10:09 AM
the rotties dont really care....Lazy sods.

thats why I love em
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2008, 10:28 AM
Mine aren't generally too bad, but if they do have to have a shorter walk than they are used to I try to make up for it with lots and lots of ball play on the walk

If it is a case of you just having to wait in for someone to come (and not being ill or out etc) then why not do some brain training (which is also fun!) in the house with the dogs. Hide treats or toys for them to find for example. That should tire them out
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2008, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
the rotties dont really care....Lazy sods.

thats why I love em
mine are the same Shona when i had my carpol tunnel done this year they barely got an hrs walk in a week but they really didn't care infact they were much more relaxed than normal
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-12-2008, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Mine aren't generally too bad, but if they do have to have a shorter walk than they are used to I try to make up for it with lots and lots of ball play on the walk

If it is a case of you just having to wait in for someone to come (and not being ill or out etc) then why not do some brain training (which is also fun!) in the house with the dogs. Hide treats or toys for them to find for example. That should tire them out
Thanks, I tried and failed yesterday Everything developed into a mass brawl.
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-12-2008, 02:33 PM
mine are alos lazy sods! they have 20/30 mins walk (well running) in the forest come home and sleep for the rest of the day only to get up to have their tea or play with kids when they get in from school
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >