View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 09:22 PM
one bored stiff collie ,amuseing him self in the wrong ways . can see the funny side . training classes will change this lad no end ,and the mil by the sounds of things
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by monosyllabic View Post
I have tried to help but I just get frustrated with her cause it goes in one ear and out the other.
She is a dog lover but really should not have a demanding breed or a dog at all. Since I have known her she has had4 dogs and they have all run away but I in go in the bad books if i have a go at her so
I have heard her say "Stop wait sit stay good boy" just like that with no break and the dog ends up confused and i keep saying 1 command at a time but it last 2 min.

She is fairly local (i'm in Dalkeith she lives in Balerno) but I don't like going to see the dog anymore because it upsets me. He has always got fleas and ticks (she is an anti war protester and is up at the tree hugger camp outside Bilston so he mingles with they dogs and they all have fleas and tics)

That made me LOL

She goes to training a lot and goes to loads of different classes but she it not stong minded anough to take in what is good for her and leave the rest so Dougal has a muzzle,Halti,2 leads and not she is talking about getting pinch collar GrRRR.
I just needed to vent a bit. I had him for a week and once of the local guys that has working collies was interested in rehoming him because he thought he was a natural but she would not have it even thought it would be for the best.
ouch a pinch collar... I would advise against that, as you say she is not strong minded, I think poss the collie is not the right breed,
I hope things dont go wrong.. but fear the worst.. I understand your needing to vent a bit, It must be so frustrating watching this unfold in front of you,.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2