View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lilyput
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-12-2008, 07:49 PM
I guess I should have a flat cap and coal in the bath as I have a whippie?

Not sure about the mins though! Where do they fit in?
cambkite
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-12-2008, 09:12 PM
As some people have indicated, I think that life-style is more important than income.
What amazes me is what people do with their dogs. I'd hoped to do a Gundog Club course with my dogs, and was really happy to find that they had a course a few miles from me. Unfortunately, it was 15:00 on each Thurs (Wed ?) for eight weeks. Don't get me wrong. I appreciate that you should be able to devote the appropriate time to training and exercising your dogs, but how many people can guarantee that they can spare a particular hour of a particular day, each week for eight weeks when that hour is part of their normal working hours?
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
No as I own a variety ranging from £0 - £750 when I bought them and also a variety of lifestyles if you look at my dogs as they are all so different so I really don't know what they would tell you about me, that i'm a wee bitty mental perhaps?

On another note I guess it depends where you get them from as for instance a rottie could cost you anything from £600 - £1,000 or more for a well bred pup and much much less for a shoddily bred one...
I find some people feel rotties are very cheap to buy,, coz they see adds in the papers for rotties for £200 they would choke if they new what I paid for mine lol.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2008, 11:02 AM
My initial reaction was to say No- then I started thinking about it and have to admit that most people I know do. The obvious mis-matches (weimeraner + fashion victim etc.) are usually the result of ignorance about the dog`s nature.

And remember that on forums like this you`ll have a large number of the sub-species `battydoglady` who will be a slightly harassed broke person with an assortment of jolly hounds who suit her lifestyle perfectly, keeping mothers-in-law and similar undesirables at bay with dog-hair, wind and in-depth converations about intestinal parasites.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2008, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
And remember that on forums like this you`ll have a large number of the sub-species `battydoglady` who will be a slightly harassed broke person with an assortment of jolly hounds who suit her lifestyle perfectly, keeping mothers-in-law and similar undesirables at bay with dog-hair, wind and in-depth converations about intestinal parasites.
And in one paragraph you have summed me up!! Everyone I know thinks I'm nuts to keep 3, the looks I get when I say I will have no4 soon, is brilliant!!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2008, 11:34 AM
My initial reaction was to say No- then I started thinking about it and have to admit that most people I know do. The obvious mis-matches (weimeraner + fashion victim etc.) are usually the result of ignorance about the dog`s nature.

brill post love it
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-12-2008, 11:50 AM
I think in a lot of cases the type of dogs people own do reflect their lifestyle. Not sure if it really reflects their income though unless they had 20 Newfoundlands.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2008, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
After reading the replies from the NI owners, I have to ask ... how much is your average NI?
700 for Inka
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2008, 12:34 PM

Gotta agree with shona, absolutely brilliant, intelligence walks among us
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2008, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
After reading the replies from the NI owners, I have to ask ... how much is your average NI?
I paid £650 each for my two... hindsight is a wonderful thing
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >