Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 02:49 PM

Do you think the type of breed you own reflects your income

after reading the thread about paying up a pup, I wondered if anyone thought breed type reflected what an owners life style, or earnings were like ?
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 03:04 PM
I would hope that breed would certainly reflect an owner's lifestyle. After all, we should all be looking at dogs that fit into the type of lifestyle we have However, I don't think income comes into it, or should either.
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 03:07 PM
I'm gonna have to say no as were skint but yet own 2 ni's
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by Jem View Post
I'm gonna have to say no as were skint but yet own 2 ni's
Same goes here.. we had to sell a v8 engine (my OH lovingly restored) to pay for Freya.. Noah was bought on the overdraft (Both NIs)
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 03:32 PM
That kinda thing is what made me wonder, I was on my own with 2 young kids when I got my wee shar pei, and if your determined enough you'll get them eh ?
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 03:39 PM
Yeah we bought Shila with our savings granted she wasn't the normal price for a NI but it was money set aside for something else, but once kev saw her he wanted her.
Isis I paid a small amount for and it was petrol money for the lady who brought her to me,
Kev was working then but as he's not now they dont get any special treats i.e big bones etc.
They are still fed the same and it doesn't cost to walk or train them BUT when we took Isis to the vets my mum paid as a crimbo pressie otherwise we would have to look at taking out a loan for her
No way could we afford to feed another dog as we are coping nicely but at the end of the day when u take on a dog their needs come before yours and dont mine no it
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 03:46 PM
I know what you mean Jem, I remember when I got suki I couldn't get her insured because of the problems she had had from a very young age, god I was like 50 quid a week at the vets for months, my mum used to say I'll take her to the pdsa, but I wouldn't give in I said no shes my responsobility I bought her I have to pay for her, struggled some weeks but she never did without xx
Ziva
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Lifestyle for me, and I would expect for most people.

We chose mountain/shepherd types purely because we live in the mountains and spend alot of time hiking with the dogs. I can't imagine doing that with a little dog, although I guess it's possible!!

It is like having 3 minature horses hoofing around the house mind you!
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 04:04 PM
No , some of the poorest people I know have sacrificed a lot to get a very expnsive pup . Some of the richest people I know would consider nothing else than a rescue cross breed
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 05:17 PM
nah - we have bc and a springer as they are active dogs - which we are......

even if i was minted - i still wouldnt want an expensive breed - the expensive ones generally arnt right for me..!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »