View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wilmasmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-05-2007, 12:17 PM
DOG owners in the UK may not be able to enjoy this amount of freedom much longer.
The new dog control orders are spreading across the country at an alarming rate.
Dogs in many areas will be banned from childrens playareas,sports pitches,playing fields,i don,t have a problem with that part,however when sandwell council who are just up the road from me put forward these proposals ,part of the plan stated that,DOGS MUST BE KEPT ON LEAD IN ALL OPEN AIR AREAS ACCECIBLE TO THE PUBLIC.
Sadly the day may come when the only place your dog can run free,will be on your own property
bribiba
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2007, 12:39 PM
Thank god for the forests up here!!! You need to get a petion going and fight back...sitting moaning about it will not help you. We have asked our local council to provide a dog friendly area in the park....if everybody had one then no-one could complain about dogs on leads.

Originally Posted by wilmasmum View Post
DOG owners in the UK may not be able to enjoy this amount of freedom much longer.
The new dog control orders are spreading across the country at an alarming rate.
Dogs in many areas will be banned from childrens playareas,sports pitches,playing fields,i don,t have a problem with that part,however when sandwell council who are just up the road from me put forward these proposals ,part of the plan stated that,DOGS MUST BE KEPT ON LEAD IN ALL OPEN AIR AREAS ACCECIBLE TO THE PUBLIC.
Sadly the day may come when the only place your dog can run free,will be on your own property
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2007, 12:49 PM
OMFG,. thats whats gona be coming our way in the years to come, we are ok with the bus, more so after Frans dogs promo, even I can take a rotty on if I needed to, so glad it was frans rather large dogs that did the adds. It makes it imposs for a driver to refuse the dog due to size
but in other areas they would let you on with some dogs but often Rotts are not welcomed, that said I understand to an extent, I often watch other rottys and think the owners have ruined a nice dog which has now become dominant, some even fear there own dog, such a shame, taxis well again down to drivers and breeds I often find things diff for small dogs to large dogs,

In 20 years it may be rare to see a dog, the gov are chipping away at animal owners, it started with the hunting ban with horses, then hunting with dogs, then this then that then tail docking, next will be breeds that have over long backs or short legs or whatever, before you know where you are owning a dog is near impossible,
our grandchildren may well react to seeing a dog in the street in the same manner as we would seeing a bengal tiger its all going down hill for us animal lovers
wilmasmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-05-2007, 12:49 PM
def not sitting about,have sent emails to various peeps,including councilors,dogs trust,and i have joined the KC DOG CLUB,also have a petition up and running,originaly the consultation period was to end on the 15th april,but it was put on hold untill after the local elections,will be back on the cards in 2 weeks.
bribiba
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Good for you....there is a site in the USA that can help you with a dog park too...if I find it again I will send you the link
Fran
Originally Posted by wilmasmum View Post
def not sitting about,have sent emails to various peeps,including councilors,dogs trust,and i have joined the KC DOG CLUB,also have a petition up and running,originaly the consultation period was to end on the 15th april,but it was put on hold untill after the local elections,will be back on the cards in 2 weeks.
ozmutt
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-05-2007, 03:06 AM
Hi there,

We can't even have our dogs travel on the same train as us - "NO DOGS ALLOWED" - even if they travel in the luggage compartment, in a crate!

Well, the last time I heard, we can "freight" our dogs, if we are travelling on the same aeroplane., but they have to be "crated", in a "dog proof" container. But that was a couple of years ago.

Most distances here are over an hour or two or three long, even if in a plane.

"Dogs Have Fleas"!

I'm just glad that I don't fly - don't eat out on a footpath. Never travel!!

Maybe it's because I can't take my dog with me???
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3