View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2006, 08:06 PM
what a about a bottle of champagne/sparkling white as it is a celebration?

I always get less of a headache drinking white, than red.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2006, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by Zuba
are you trying to get me to start drinking again? I love baileys and will treat myself to a glass at christmas, but that is so far away i miss malibu too but I definately dont miss feeling like crap the next day
Oooh yes I love Malibu too and Tia Maria and Sheridans and southern comfort........

Yes probably better sticking with the white wine like Helena suggested if you aren't sure.
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2006, 08:09 PM
Think I might buy a bottle of both and own up that i wasn't so sure, she will then end up prefering rose
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-08-2006, 09:27 PM
Ohh thats a tough pressie to buy .. it's like saying i want perfume with no clues.... is she going to savour each glass or swill it down with 5 other bottles getting ready for a night out?? I would go with white... as red is an "acquired" taste.. and get a mid range Chardonnay .. not too sweet not too dry failing that get her a Threshers voucher and let her choose her "poison"
Rachel
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2006, 09:58 AM
I like the fizzy idea, but if you're not feeling so rich then go for something like Tesco's vintage cava (delicious, and a lot cheaper than champers) or Jacob's Creek do quite a nice sparkling pinot noir.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2006, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by duboing
or Jacob's Creek do quite a nice sparkling pinot noir.
Thanks for that tip, coz Pinot Noir is my fav and I always put lemonade with it to make it sparkle and a bit sweeter, I will go and buy a bottle of that for my next celebration, which will be my birthday in a couple of weeks!!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2006, 04:25 PM
I'd definitely go with white. Anything new world. Aussie is good, Jacobs Creek's usually safe
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2