Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
They feed the pup. Look after him. Walk him (even if out to early) no law says they have to have injections.
Can't see what a warden will be able to do. I have no idea if their animal turnover is as the girl says. I am just venting really.
Good wardens who do their job properly liaise with owners and offer support and advice. They also keep their eye on dodgy owners, and may/can offer to take the dog if they are finding it too much. They are about mediation and advice rather than removing animals, but do have that power if necessary. Unfortunately many areas don't have a dog warden that commited or capable.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

29-03-2011, 11:03 PM
Poor pup/s - sounds like it isn't going to go well - doesn't it make you angry?

I wish I was in more of a position to do something - on a wider scale.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 12:42 AM
Sad isnt it. But then you also have to questio where this pup has come from If the mum doesnt leave the house, breeder didnt meet all the family, not acess to a garden ect!
I hope it ends well, but most kids are to honest for their own good
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 12:59 AM
No history for the family I have no idea if it is a family that has animals in a rotating door way. Maybe its me being a bit too soft, or no faith.

Will wait and see. Will mention to the Dad when I see him that mine is a good vets....see how we go from there.

Oh and the pup is called Rocky not Tyson..................a senior moment there the cat is called Tyson..............
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 08:47 AM
Oh dear My heart is going out for that little girl actually Maybe all they need is some one to help them with training and education? My eldest is 9 and is very hands on with the dogs so it breaks my heart to think that this little girl already has such a negative view on the puppy running away.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 08:59 AM
Or maybe the girl just thinks the pup will run away because that's what she's been told when her parents get rid of an animal because the novelty has worn off

There may be something you can do - do you know if they've bought the property they're in? If the masionettes are owned by a private landlord or particularly by the Local Authority there may be a clause in their lease stating no pets/dogs/cats etc. In those circumstances they can be forcedto give up the dog (& cat) or risk losing their home. Not a nice thought for anyone but better for the animals maybe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-03-2011, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
Or maybe the girl just thinks the pup will run away because that's what she's been told when her parents get rid of an animal because the novelty has worn off

There may be something you can do - do you know if they've bought the property they're in? If the masionettes are owned by a private landlord or particularly by the Local Authority there may be a clause in their lease stating no pets/dogs/cats etc. In those circumstances they can be forcedto give up the dog (& cat) or risk losing their home. Not a nice thought for anyone but better for the animals maybe.
Just what I was thinking the brain is a bit slow at the moment and this didn't occur to me till a little while ago. (Re: the child being told the pets run off.)
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
I love the way you cheer me up. :bighug:

See I think sometimes.............why do people have dogs/animals.......
Me too
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 09:43 AM

That hadn't even occured to me That is even sadder. Oh I feel so sorry for the little girl.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 02:20 PM

Thats how I thought it sounded
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >