View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lolly2012
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-03-2011, 08:25 PM
I woke early one morning all bleary eyed to let my basset hounds George and moo out for a wee i opened the door let them out and on the way back into the kitchen skidded on a wee that someone had done in the night i slid and lost balance and fell flat on my face onto the stone floor tiles result I was out for a while don't know how long as I was living alone when I came around I took my self off to bed and awoke around 14hrs later than the time i let them out.

Poor things were starving and didn't know what was going on and nor did I. I managed to ring my sister in-law and told her I had fell and didn't know if I had fed my dogs what day it was or anything all I could think of was my dogs being OK lol she came over and nearly died when she saw the state of my face.

A trip to the hospital confirmed I had broken my cheekbone and was in agony.

That was a very painful 3 months of healing and very embarrassing no one would believe me that i had not been beaten up and that i fell on the dogs pee lol.

A lesson learned always check now before walking on slippy floors.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by lolly2012 View Post
I woke early one morning all bleary eyed to let my basset hounds George and moo out for a wee i opened the door let them out and on the way back into the kitchen skidded on a wee that someone had done in the night i slid and lost balance and fell flat on my face onto the stone floor tiles result I was out for a while don't know how long as I was living alone when I came around I took my self off to bed and awoke around 14hrs later than the time i let them out.

Poor things were starving and didn't know what was going on and nor did I. I managed to ring my sister in-law and told her I had fell and didn't know if I had fed my dogs what day it was or anything all I could think of was my dogs being OK lol she came over and nearly died when she saw the state of my face.

That was a very painful 3 months of healing and very embarrassing no one would believe me that i had not been beaten up and that i fell on the dogs pee lol.

Oh no! Poor you!

I fell over on our tiled kitchen floor as I was walking in carrying an empty wine glass and I hadn't noticed the puddle of drips of water made by Cherry and Parker after they had a drink from their water bowl. Fortunately I fell on my bum so no injuries there but the glass shattered and went everywhere.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 09:45 PM

Oh man, that sounds awful! Poor you.
lolly2012
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-03-2011, 11:04 PM
lol thank you yes it was awful glad that 3 years on my face looks almost normal again just a little caved in where the crack in my cheekbone is but in the right light you would never know lol x
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 12:30 AM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
What a good doggy!!!
Haha that's what I think now, should have taken the hint!

Originally Posted by Mother*ship View Post
Molly obviously knew he was a rotter, next time she bites the man in your life you should take heed!
Next time she attacks a bloke I'll know to chuck him out immediately

My gosh, that sounds awful! Glad to hear you're okay and that your SIL came to the rescue!
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 07:18 AM
Another injury to add to the list for me.

On Tuesday I bent down to stroke Harry when I came back from riding my horses, he bought me his ball and then jumped back, smacked me in the face and cut my lip.
I now have a rather large cut and a puffy lip.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 07:43 AM
Not quite as major as some of the broken bones and concussion on herebyt still get battered a lot by Cain (although he's about a zillion times calmer now than the giant exhuberant 8 month old juvenile that richoched off the walls when he first arrived!)

The usual stuff when he was younger
Accidental munchage when he puts a squeaky toy in my lap then proceeds to chew on it without realising he's got my skin in there!
Frequent headbutting
Whacked in the face by toys (including very heavy plastic nylabones) when he flings them about the room.
Paw invites to play that leave claw marks across my face and knock my glasses off
Knocking legs from under me when he's got the zoomies - did this to me at the top of the stairs once and he very nearly knocked me down them.
Pulled me over in the street - once wrapped the lead around my legs then pulled me over, very hard to get up with your legs tied together.
Just generally returned from walks with aching back, pulled muscles and five new bruises.

To be fair, he's much better now and far calmer. Usually only hurts me accidently in play, he has more self control. No major injuries...yet!

Krylr, wish I hadn't looked at your photos. They are grim!!!!
kirstyS
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-03-2011, 11:46 AM

- You win!
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Flynn once pulled on his lead and it yanked the end of my middle finger. It hurt like hell and i'm convinced I fractured it and to this day my finger is still wonky at the last joint.

I take Jed out on the garden on an extending lead because he chases cats. One night he took off after one and silly me, instead of engaging the lock mechanism, I put my hand on the lead instead and the lead was pulled diagonally across my fingers cutting them quite badly. I nearly fainted because i'm not good with things like that.

Just reading back through the replies i'm reminded of the time Flynn gave me a black eye. He'd got a tennis ball and i'd made him sit to take it off him. I dropped the ball and as I bent down to pick it up Flynn jumped up and headbutted me. I dont think anybody believed what truly happened at work, they chose to believe it was my boyfriend who had done it!
lolly2012
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-03-2011, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by kirstyS View Post
- You win!
lol I loose you mean
I would post pic but its very very grim I look about 30 years older and look like a battered old lady lol x

After when I had healed

The disaster photo lol

I will remove this after a day i hate looking at it lol
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >