View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2019, 07:09 AM
We manage okay. This is years old. I actually have tried the tea tree oil. Does a a great job of stinking me out of my room, can't tell a difference with the fleas. Advocate is called Advantage here in the USA. Made by the same company, apparently the same product. Does not work. Maybe slightly more effective than Frontline, but not much. I want to try and see if there's something else he can eat that might help. I don't even really like putting ten different chemicals on him.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2019, 08:33 PM
Gosh! Nigredo must have Super Fleas!! Tea tree is so pungent that usually the fleas will **** off elsewhere ... I love the smell personally! I really don't know what else to suggest. My own personal opinion is that it is only the noxious chemicals like Advocate and Frontline that work, I have never found any of the homeopathic or white magic potions and lotions to be any good whatsoever. Does Nigredo like being bathed? We used to wash Hal in Vetzyme Flea Shampoo and that used to do the trick with him. Tai and Ben never seemed to get fleas, although whenever we bathed them we would use Vetzyme. Hal was a lot easier because he was such a lightweight - only 55 lbs - that we could lift him into the bath, which we would do regularly and that way he never had fleas. Whether it would work with Super Fleas though I am not sure!! Good luck and give the old boy a big hug from me xx nikki
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2019, 09:55 PM
We found Stronghold the best for fleas.

Quick thought, did you weigh him before treatment, Myra? It can make a big difference to the effectiveness of the product if not enough is used for the weight of dog you are treating
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2