Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-01-2011, 07:14 PM

Prescription medicines online??

My Metacam is nearly finished and have been reading how much cheaper online it is compared to normal vet prices ..
Can you just go in and ask for a prescription from your vet ??
I dont know if i would feel a bit weird asking for one just so i can buy it elsewhere
I did read on here that someone had a vet who price matched certain sites so not to lose the business but i dont know if that's rare or not ...
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
My Metacam is nearly finished and have been reading how much cheaper online it is compared to normal vet prices ..
Can you just go in and ask for a prescription from your vet ??
I dont know if i would feel a bit weird asking for one just so i can buy it elsewhere
I did read on here that someone had a vet price matched certain sites so not to lose the business but i dont know if that's rare or not ...
Our vets cost 12.50 for a prescription but they are only about a fiver more for the giant metacam so I get that from them and get epiphem for 6 months on line using a prescription. They are fine about writing one and so should your vets be.

rune
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 07:32 PM
From what have read, you can get a prescription from vet but they could charge for doing so. Have to way this up with cost of ordering online. Also make very sure, as with ordering human meds online that what you're getting is true. The source n supplier of any medications of any kind are questionable.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Newmarket vets are very good -they gave me a prescription for Cherry's eye drops without me asking as they said I could get it cheaper elsewhere.

The vet did say they would start charging next time though and it would be about £7 for the prescription.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 04:45 PM
My vet is quite happy to give prescriptions only for which they charge £4.50. I always buy dog medications on line with the same Company (will pm you their name) as the saving sometimes can be enormous.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 04:49 PM
as said they can write a script but may charge..also i believe metacam is the most expensive of the meloxicam's it may be better to ask for a different brand.. ceva do one,norbrook do and a few other companys now.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-01-2011, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by suecurrie View Post
My vet is quite happy to give prescriptions only for which they charge £4.50. I always buy dog medications on line with the same Company (will pm you their name) as the saving sometimes can be enormous.
Thank you.....l
greyloz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-01-2011, 07:25 PM
I have this evening asked vet for perscription which was £7.00 and he has given it for 3 months supply as my dog has to have them for life. The tablets work out £20.00 cheaper per month and no p&p charged if not first class post used. I just order 1 pack a month and they tell you how many you have left on perscription before you need another. Look around on internet as they all charge different prices and p&p
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2011, 07:30 PM
That's what I used to get, three months prescription and could buy one month at a time. It is quite a saving isn't it and I can't understand why the drugs are so much cheaper on line than at the vets. I feel sorry for some elderly people who probably don't have a computer and wouldn't know how to use one so don't have the option of buying online.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2011, 08:16 PM
My vet will happily write a prescription - in fact he used to do it for nowt - now he charges £6 and it's still worth it when I can get Metacam so much cheaper from Petmeds.co.uk

Shouldn't be a problem Murf.....
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >