Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2013, 11:32 AM

Patchy skin!!

Just wondered if anyone had any experience of this.Love some tips on how to get rid;
I am naturally medium coloured,not white white We were on holidays abroad in June and I came back with a great tan As it was fading I noticed 2 patches either side my neck,just below my ears.Different colour to the rest of my skin.I'm not a vain person but they do look dirty looking
Been exfoliating regularly and its not shifting
Funny I took patches of this on my face when I was pregnant with both my girls It just went away itself,not confident this will though
Anyone know what will help if anything?
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2013, 12:02 PM
Is it Vitiligo ? Eileen
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-10-2013, 12:16 PM
It sounds like it could be hormonal - it is fairly common during pregnancy and usually the patches fade back to normal after pregnancy hormones have done their work. Sometimes they hang around though.

It can also occurs when a woman is peri-menopausal and again, the patches can fade or sometimes stay.

Does the skin feel any different? Maybe a wee bit less smooth?
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2013, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
Is it Vitiligo ? Eileen
Just had a look online.Couldn't be sure but mine is no where near as severe as the cases shown on there.Maybe that's how it starts though
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2013, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
It sounds like it could be hormonal - it is fairly common during pregnancy and usually the patches fade back to normal after pregnancy hormones have done their work. Sometimes they hang around though.

It can also occurs when a woman is peri-menopausal and again, the patches can fade or sometimes stay.

Does the skin feel any different? Maybe a wee bit less smooth?
Could well be hormonal MALKA,Thankyou.I'm 45 Skin feels no different,just darker in that area.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-10-2013, 01:00 PM
Eileen, when you say the patches are either side your neck just below your ears, do you mean actually on your neck or in the hollow formed by your collarbone? Also, have you noticed any very slightly similar patches in front of your ears - where sideburns would grow on a man - probably not noticeable looking straight on to your reflection in a mirror but slightly noticeable from the side.

Because those are quite common areas for hormonal skin discolouration. Probably far more noticeable to you than to anyone else [until you get to my great age by which time you will not bother! ]
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2013, 01:29 PM
Just on my neck Malka,below my earlobe,not on the side burn part or on my face at all Girls have noticed it and asked what it was.Hard to describe,almost look like birthmarks only I know their not.
Think you've hit nail on the head with the hormone theory.Funny the way pregnancy had the same effect.Think they call that "a pregnancy mask" is something similar
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2013, 01:50 PM
Just been having a look at Melasma,very interesting.Can be caused by hormonal changes or sun exposure( both of which could apply to me)Looks like what I have.Apparantly there are creams etc available so that's good Can stop scrubbing at it now
thedogproblems
New Member!
Male 

30-04-2015, 05:52 AM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Just wondered if anyone had any experience of this.Love some tips on how to get rid;
I am naturally medium coloured,not white white We were on holidays abroad in June and I came back with a great tan As it was fading I noticed 2 patches either side my neck,just below my ears.Different colour to the rest of my skin.I'm not a vain person but they do look dirty looking
Been exfoliating regularly and its not shifting
Funny I took patches of this on my face when I was pregnant with both my girls It just went away itself,not confident this will though
Anyone know what will help if anything?

It may be some allergies such as food allergies,or by infections from bacteria and yeast or it may be because of hormonal abnormalities.Before self treatment consult vet.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2015, 08:10 AM
Eileen looks like you will have to go see that gorgeous vet on tv.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >