Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2018, 07:15 AM

Rants for the specific topic of rants

I am not opening a Daily Thread initially because somebody doesn't like it. So I await your comments with regard to my Rant. I have tried to private message the member but they do not receive private messages. However, I am not rude enough to tell the person concerned directly on the thread that a Daily Thread is what it is and if they don't like it they can start their own Thread to be specifically about their dog or other dogs.

The majority on the Daily Thread members have enjoyed it as it is but do not like remarks claiming that it is a Dogsey Forum, yes it is but there is provision for other subjects and the Daily Thread is one such subject which takes in everyone's Daily Life. In the meantime we are losing members because of comments made about it not being exclusively Dogsey. So the answer is go by the headings and enjoy a thread for what it is intended to be. No offence intended.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2018, 07:23 AM
Moyra in theory I agree with you but does it really matter where things are put as long as people get to read them? Not sure what else to say really on this subject. I will say though that when I have friends round for a chat we go off subject because something is said not related to the subject that we are first talking about and then have to get back on track. So maybe that is what happens on other threads/subjects. Good though that you have felt able to let off steam.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2018, 07:24 AM
You have put it more elequently than I could! I honestly believed the daily was for us to natter away on, I love hearing all about your family and friends and I will be eternally grateful to you all for helping me survive my diagnosis, helping me through my chemo and giving me a kick up the bum when needed
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2018, 07:32 AM
Brenda nothing wrong with going off subject it is the referral to it not being appropriate. I love to see the photos of such a lovely dog and am happy when people tell us what their four legged friends are doing it is purely being told other subjects are not appropriate for the forum. Thanks Brenda, by the way you use the letters BG a lot what do they stand for? There are several words I can think of but I am not sure! Lol.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2018, 07:40 AM
I am not positive but I think BG may refer to big grin
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2018, 07:44 AM
bg!! usually stands for big grin. Maybe I am wrong in that? I have always used them when I can't use emojis. Not sure what has been inappropriate? Thought anything could be discussed or mentioned.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2018, 07:46 AM
Beat me to it griff. My threads/comments always come later after everyone else has posted as my typing isn't that fast these days. bg!! Certainly when 'dad' was in operation sometime ago I always got lost reading them through before answering. lol!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-05-2018, 07:46 AM
I have spurred this off telling Moyra and griff I needed to take a break at the snide remarks being made about the daily being a gossip thread the other week and little quips about it not being entirely dog related.
No matter how many times I and others have tried to explain the daily thread is not entirely about dogs nor was ever meant to be. It is about all things we wish to chat about dog related or not share photos of our dogs also if we wish to. Goodness knows I do share photos of Dillon on the daily but I understand it is also and mainly for any subject.
The daily thread has supported many of us through issue, sadness and hard times not dog related and as mentioned before that is its main role to be a good all round supporting thread whether human upset or tragedy we need to discuss or dog related issues. We do have seperate solely dog related sections also which some choose to use and mostly those of us that have been around since the daily thread started to choose the daily thread about dog and other non dog related items.
I tried to point out politely after the gossiping comment came up about the purpose of the daily but it doesn't seem to be understood or digested or both.
Last night another quip came up about it not being solely dog related. It makes me angry that the whole thread is misunderstood even when politely pointed out it's not the main purpose of the daily thread.
I thought it best to bow out for a while to calm down over my exasperation of it all.
griff and Moyra knew as I hoped they would be around still if anybody asked where I was they could let people know I was taking some time out. No explanation would of been needed but I think as this post is out there i feel it is right I let everyone know I am the person and reason behind it.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2018, 07:57 AM
Lol Brenda...I miss DAD (for those not in the know...dogsey after dark) I used to be in hysterics at that.
Lynn, I did try to explain it too but it did no good, I love dogs, I have dogs... will never get tired of seeing or hearing about people's dogs but I don't like being told that a thread that I have been on since 05 I believe should be about dogs specifically...yes it's a dog forum but there is a section for food, other animals, art and photography, music etc
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2018, 07:59 AM
Griff, I used to love reading Dogsey after Dark (DAD) was really funny.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >