Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2005, 07:07 PM

Two New Birds!

Hey,

The internet has died on my computer so im using my brothers so i'll probably be a bit quiet, or offline, until i've sorted it out!

Anyway, just thought i'd let you guys know that i bought two new birds today. One is a cobalt/blue masked lovebird to go with my lonely one! She is only 6 weeks old and absolutely stunning!! Such a sweet little thing..

The other is a Cape Parrot (rare!!!!) and i just fell in love with him He was very cheap compared to others i've seen for sale, and such a little sweetie so i had to have him.. He's just SO cute!

Cant post pics yet, but will try and sort some out as i've taken lots today!

Speak to you all very soon i hope!!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-10-2005, 07:25 PM
oh blue masked i have 1 of those and a yellow masked.
they say they are better in pairs.
isn't your other bird a dutch blue....mutant of a peach faced? if so watch them as the peach faced doesn't allways get on with the other species but if she is young enough you should be ok.
pics when you can please.
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2005, 09:39 PM
The new one is a blue masked mutation/variation apparently. She was in a cage with two others which were much more turquoise and apparently they're 'normal' blue masked, i just thought she was very pretty as she's a really bright blue. The guy did say that the peach faced can be more aggressive, but as the masked is a female (usually mroe dominant) we should be fine. We're keeping them seperated for a couple of weeks as the new one is very young..

Here's a couple of pics of the lovebird. Not great pics as she's quite shy. You can see how young she is from the black on her beak!

And some of the Cape We've called him 'Jake' as he seems to like saying it But we wont know for about 18months if its male or female, but nevermind! Anyway, you can see from the pics what a big baby he is! Isn't he cute?!

And one with my brother, he's a really friendly bird and loves everyone!

jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2005, 12:43 PM
oh jess they are both beautiful
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2005, 02:08 PM
Thanks Jackie!

I've just been out and spent about £50 on new toys and perches for the parrot! He has to have a special stainless steel ring instead of an aluminum one as he chewed through it I can see how though, he got through all his 'smaller parrot' toys by this morning! I've bought him some very heavy duty macaw toys so they should last a little longer!

He's been out most of today and has been "helping" with everything! He adores Ozzy too

I think he still has some more feathers to come through around his head and neck (you can probably tell better than me Jackie!lol) so he really is a baby, but he's such a sweet little guy! ooh, and he's started saying 'step up' and 'good boy jake' already! I didn't realise what good talkers they were!!!