View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-04-2014, 06:15 PM

A nice walk for dry days. Dillon. (BMD).

I posted some of these on the daily thread and it was mentioned they should be on here too. So here we are.
We now live in a little village in Norfolk and this is a circular route we can walk across the road from us.

Starting out.
This is a working orchards but has a public footpath running to the side of it we have to stick to the left. Dodds Stile.

Nearly home.

I hope you enjoyed our walk.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2014, 06:52 PM
Well I certainly enjoyed your walk through the orchard Is that a little stream you have down on the left of the orchard? Zena would be down in there like a shot, and Dillon will like that when it's hot, he can have a nice cooling off.

Do you hear those wind turbines when it's all quiet at night Lynn? I heard on the radio the other morning that they're super noisy when there isn't any wind? I've got a thing atm about droning/buzzing noises overnight, but mine here seem to have subsided, and on the radio the other day they said it was the new Brighton Marina works where they had to drill deep down into the ground. Can you imagine if we do get that fracking the noise pollution it might cause for people living nearby

Anyway, I digress from your lovely pictures here Lynn, that sure is a great walk, and how long does it take then?
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2014, 07:00 PM
Beautiful place Lynn and excellent camera work,Well done
Dillion is simply gorgeous
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-04-2014, 07:02 PM
It takes us about an hour. Dillon plods, sniffs, lies down rolls about and has a drink from his water bottle several times. He finds days like yesterday and today quite warm even though we found the wind was chilly.
They are what we call dykes round these parts. The sides are almost vertical and I am worried Dillon will get down there and not back up. Elaine's dogs go in and out of the ones where she lives no problems. Maybe I will have to let Dillon try when Gorden is about then he can climb down and get him of he gets stuck.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2014, 07:08 PM
Looks like it would probably take us 10 mins then Lynn the way Zena thinks every walk is a race with me swiftly following up from the rear!!! This dog of mine lives life at 90mph, I think I chose the wrong breed here, I wish I'd got a Dillon

Yes, does look a bit on the steep side Lynn, similar to my stream in the woods, where I have to climb into it myself to retrieve the ball because it's so steep at the sides and just mud/clay, she wouldn't be able to climb back out again herself in places. There are safe places for her to get into it though. Remember the time when she dropped that blinkin ball down into a steep part no less than 4 times, and everytime I climbed back out and gave it back to her, she'd drop it back down there That's her soh though I soon learned to put the ball rope on the lead, I'm not as daft as she thinks I am
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-04-2014, 07:11 PM
Thanks Eileen
Oh yes I remember that. These dykes haven't any safe bits in and out. I felt this walk would only take you ten minutes well Zena anyway.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-04-2014, 07:35 PM
It looks so lovely Lynn - I wish I had somewhere like that near here where I could take Pereg, and yes, I am rather envious!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-04-2014, 07:39 PM
It is a lovely walk on a nice day Malka not so good when its wet.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

16-04-2014, 04:34 PM
Lovely photos and bet Dillon loves walking there.

Thanks for sharing
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2014, 05:08 PM
My GSD used to think it was a good idea to plunge into canals and we often had to drag her out if the sides were vertical! Well that or leaving her endlessly swimming!

Glad you put them here too Lynn because Dogs Photos is a place I come when I just want to look at some lovely dog photos (even if I've looked at them loads of times before).
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >