Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2012, 09:05 AM

Woohoo its that time of month!

yes i know im sad.. raw food delivery time

i get so excited when it arrives, and sorting out the freezer.. i spend time putting thought into what they would like this month!

ive ordered the usual of beef, lamb, turkey and tripe, then got them some venison, tripe and oily fish, and the choice chunks which is offal and chicken necks

arrives on wednesday even though i cant pay till friday which i thought was very good of them, if i left it till pay day i would run out, because of jubilee weekend..

im starting to think there's something wrong with me seeing as i get excited about dog food! need to get out more
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-05-2012, 10:04 AM
Thanks for reminding me to check the freezers! I worry more about Pereg running short on food than I do myself!

Luckily she is happy on the limited variety I can get for her, but I seem to be running short on gizzards and turkey necks, although still well stocked up on wings and hearts, plus of course the 5 kilos of sardines [minus the few she has already scoffed]! I wish I could get tripe for her though.
Lulusmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2012, 12:44 PM
LOL, Yes I do think you need to get out more....but there are worse things to get excited over.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2012, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Thanks for reminding me to check the freezers! I worry more about Pereg running short on food than I do myself!

Luckily she is happy on the limited variety I can get for her, but I seem to be running short on gizzards and turkey necks, although still well stocked up on wings and hearts, plus of course the 5 kilos of sardines [minus the few she has already scoffed]! I wish I could get tripe for her though.
i worry about the dog food before mine mine have quite a it of variety. i like that i can give them so much. ive even got them pheasant to try
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2012, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by Lulusmum View Post
LOL, Yes I do think you need to get out more....but there are worse things to get excited over.
haha, i do get excited about other non-dog related things, promise
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2012, 01:50 PM
I had my Berriewoods order on Wednesday just gone. I also look forward to it there's something satisfying about a well stocked freezer! And I love getting new things to feed. Is pheasant back in season now then?
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
I had my Berriewoods order on Wednesday just gone. I also look forward to it there's something satisfying about a well stocked freezer! And I love getting new things to feed. Is pheasant back in season now then?
i only ordered one 1lb bag because i dont know if they like it, but they didnt have any rabbit so offered pheasant as a replacement so i presume its back in.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

28-05-2012, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
yes i know im sad.. raw food delivery time

i get so excited when it arrives, and sorting out the freezer.. i spend time putting thought into what they would like this month!

ive ordered the usual of beef, lamb, turkey and tripe, then got them some venison, tripe and oily fish, and the choice chunks which is offal and chicken necks

arrives on wednesday even though i cant pay till friday which i thought was very good of them, if i left it till pay day i would run out, because of jubilee weekend..

im starting to think there's something wrong with me seeing as i get excited about dog food! need to get out more

Really, I think it's such a chore seperating and bagging all the food it takes me hours and gives me backache. Perhaps I'm just a miserable old cow
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2012, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Really, I think it's such a chore seperating and bagging all the food it takes me hours and gives me backache. Perhaps I'm just a miserable old cow
mine all comes separate the only thing i have to do is stack it in my freezer in order of flavour (which is easy because they are all written on) then bag the chicken necks into bags of 3
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

28-05-2012, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
mine all comes separate the only thing i have to do is stack it in my freezer in order of flavour (which is easy because they are all written on) then bag the chicken necks into bags of 3
It's all the flipping wings, carcasses and ribs that cause the grief bagging them into daily portions which is a carrier bag full for this lot plus the dinosaur bones that need cutting up before they can even fit in the freezer. At least these days the beef chunks etc turn up in portions rather than as half a cow
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >