Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mooresdaju
New Member!
Female 

03-02-2010, 01:50 PM

Thank you (dog with dandruff)

hi just like to thank you all for you birthday wishes for yesterday have never posted on this site yet so just a bit about me. i have always had dogs of all kinds of breeds ; japanese and american akitas collies, bullmastif cross akita but at the moment i have 2 beautiful greyhounds; sapphire 3 and murphy 10 they are wonderfull so gentle and loving and have just given my mum one of my greyhounds lexy who is 2 and my mum is besotted with her . but she has developed dandruff any help with ideas of how to treat this will be much greatly appreciated. thanks
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-02-2010, 04:21 PM
Hiya

We have two greyhounds and Robbie occassionally has dry flaky skin on his back over his hips. I use tea tree oil shampoo from Petsathome and bath him with it, lathering him twice and rinsing well.

They also have cod liver oil over their tea to help condition their skin. I have used Yumega in the past and it seemed to help better than the cod liver oil and am going to get another bottle when the cod liver oil runs out.

I'm in Denton and you are the first person that lives in an area I know!

Karen
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-02-2010, 04:34 PM
Hi Julie and welcome to Dogsey

When did the dandruff begin, what is the dog fed on and has there been a change in diet or living conditions . Perhaps central heating is affecting her.

I would look at the diet first and maybe add salmon oil (Fish4dogs sell it) .