Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2005, 01:58 PM

Dandruff?

I've noticed some white flaky bits on Archie's black markings in the past couple of days... could it be because he needs a bath? He is also itching again
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2005, 01:59 PM
if hes itching it could be diet related or he could be allergic to something?

as far as i know i think dandruff is actually something to do with the oil in their skin and central heating? but i cant remember wot,lol
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-05-2005, 02:23 PM
Not too sure about wire fox terriers, but our vet told us that both westies and dandies suffer from dry skin/dandruff. It is caused from the hair being co****, curly or sp****. Qouting from the vet here.
He told us to put soom either vegetable oil or olive oil drissled over their food
hope this helps, as it seems to have helped Florrie, and she had very similar symptoms to Archie
best wishes
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2005, 03:13 PM
thanks guys, I was advised before to put evening primrose oil in his food, also the vet thought it might be mange (?!) so we used stronghold and the itching died down for a while... I'm going in this week to start the pet passport thing so i'll have a chat with my vet about it then