View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
olive
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-03-2005, 07:44 PM
Mo has a point there Mini, most people don't know what life was like in the big kennels and there are so few around now. So not only do you have an excellent subject matter, the experience to back it up, but you also have a remarkable storytelling talent, that allows the reader to expereince what you write as though they were there themselves. Go for it...... Mini's Chronicles
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2005, 10:13 AM
Thanks for directing me here to your wonderful site! Amy's pictures are great. I will have to have a good long read of all this but when I'm not in danger of cremating Sunday lunch! x Sorry I can't fathom out these smilies! x
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-04-2005, 09:39 AM
Many thanks again everyone for your very kind comments on my homepage , I am still quite stunned to think anyone actually read it and your words are most appreciated. I don't think I will be writing anymore...but who knows, perhaps one day!!
JackRussellsRule!
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-04-2005, 08:18 PM
Ahhh, Mini, Amy is SUCH a cutie! Love the one in her jumper! And all those piccies of those beautiful dogs, did you own and show all of these? Wow! You've posted some great tips too, thanks very much! Hope I'm doing right by replying here??!! Juliex
Meg
Supervisor

13-04-2005, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by JackRussellsRule!
Ahhh, Mini, Amy is SUCH a cutie! Love the one in her jumper! And all those piccies of those beautiful dogs, did you own and show all of these? Wow! You've posted some great tips too, thanks very much! Hope I'm doing right by replying here??!! Juliex
Thank you Julie it is fine to post here Amy wears the coat when it is very cold,she is an old lady and a bit poorly at times so feels the cold
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2005, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
A BITCH IN SEASON
Most bitches ovulate during a three week period. Although there may be no outward signs, it is thought that just before a bitch comes into season she secretes a hormone in her urine which gives off an odour, this makes her attractive to dogs. During the first phase of ovulation, the period known as 'proestrum' there is a bloody discharge and this phase lasts around ten days. Then begins the second phase known as the 'estrum' period. The bitch will now begin to show an interest in males and the discharge will become paler or almost non existent, this is when you need to be most on your guard as it is the time when a bitch required to produce a litter would be mated.
my girl is day 21 in season. she is still swollen and discharging. ( sl bloody). am i able to walk her freely again? She should be past it by now. She is not standing or flirting with my other girls any more.
Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2005, 05:50 PM
Mini, That was brilliant reading. I hope you don't mind but, my daughter and her family have just (this week) got a new baby English Springer Spaniel (Tess), she is just 8 weeks old. Well I have printed off your Writing and think that it will be so good for Jayne and her family. She keeps ringing me for advice, what you have written will help them a lot I'm sure. Thank You!!!
Anne W.
Meg
Supervisor

25-05-2005, 08:54 PM
Anne you are very welcome , I hope Tess settles well, you should get your daughter to join Dogweb and post some pictures of her.
geordieboxerlover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-06-2005, 01:49 PM
just read your stories mini they are fab
are you gonna write anymore?
ad love to hear more of your tales of a kennel maid
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran

12-06-2005, 01:53 PM
Yeah come on Mini I loved your tales!