Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mj
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2007, 09:41 AM

What's the best age to start clicker training

Hi Everyone,

Whats the best age to start with clicker training?

Max is 10 weeks old and i'm very interested in doing some form of training with him, he seems quite intelligent and picks things up fairly easily in the 2 weeks that we have had him he's already learnt to toilet outside and goes to the door most time's He wont poo in the house we do have a few accidents only about 4-5 a day (wee's) which i think is pretty good for such a young boy!

I've been reading up on here about clicker's and find it intresting and i'm sure Max would enjoy it.

One of the problems ive got is i live in spain and cant seem to find a class any where do you think it would be as effective if we did it alone?

Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-01-2007, 09:44 AM
yep get a book and a clicker and start right now. They pick it up really quickly at this age and just remember it's all about the timing of the click. I think that was the part a lot of people struggled with at class, you have to be quite quick
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-01-2007, 09:56 AM
Hi mj have you seen this article on clicker training by one of our members Alison , it's very good...

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=11324