Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-02-2017, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
You missed the point but I'm done with this since you can't be polite.
Good I can't abide your ignorance.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-02-2017, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Good I can't abide your ignorance.
And I love your charm.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

03-02-2017, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
And I love your charm.

Yeah you keep saying but you continue to post unhelpful replies to legitimate questions. You could just read and learn about some of the issues people have with their dogs at times but no you prefer to tell us your dog has required no training. As I said before that's great but hardly helpful to those who do have training issues.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-02-2017, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Yeah you keep saying but you continue to post unhelpful replies to legitimate questions. You could just read and learn about some of the issues people have with their dogs at times but no you prefer to tell us your dog has required no training. As I said before that's great but hardly helpful to those who do have training issues.
OK. Care to explain why you would lock a dog in a cage?

We had one when we planned to fly. It was a mandatory requirement. Our plans changed and we gave it away.

He had no problems with it and he goes in one at the groomers. That's when she, the groomer, has another dog in before we collect Max. There is a bit of overlap and some of the other dogs are yappy little things so it more to keep them off Max than to contain him.

You are incorrect when you stated that I have claimed that our lovely dog required no training. Find where I made any such claim and will retract and apologise.

And maybe you can reciporocate by retracting your quite rude and inaccurate comment regarding my ignorance about dogs. I greww up on a farm with about 3,000 sheep and a bunch of collies, mine being one of them.

It was one of the main deciding factors for getting a collie when I knew I was going to retire.

Back to the training thing..........
Collies are regularly top the list for intelligence.
A lot of it is about learning by them rather than training.

Max knows when it is time to be fed. He lays down on the floor while his meal is being prepared. Same when I st down to put my walking boots on. He waits patiently. When I'm done lacing them up we walk out the front gate. He glances back to make sure he is going the same way as me.

In short, he learns.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

03-02-2017, 09:52 PM
I'm not retracting anything.
So you grew up with collies that's one breed.
All dogs learn if their owners take the trouble to teach them.
They don't all learn in the same way or at the same speed.
I'm not writing a lengthy explanation on the reasons and benefits of crate training a dog either.
I do believe there is a very good article on crate training on here should you want to educate yourself.

There you go....http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=15552
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3