Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

26-03-2014, 03:50 PM

Dogsey has a new homepage - which YOU control

I thought it was about time Dogsey's homepage got a bit of an update

There are now two main areas; Dog News and Featured Threads, both of which will be made up of YOUR threads

News - that YOU get to post

Anyone who has been here a little while, with a few posts under their belt will be able to post and promote Dog News. We still have our official news sections, but we often found that you guys beat us to it most of the time anyway so we've made it ultra easy to post news in the new section on the forum...

You don't need to write a news story, a link to news you found elsewhere is fine - though obviously reputable news sources are preferable The idea is to use Dogsey to promote news items that you think are worthy of being promoted. Check out the details here.

Featured Threads

Again, these will feature your threads. But rather than allow threads to be posted here, a member of the mod team will move any thread which we feel ought to be featured. These might be discussions, threads to brighten up our days or anything else which we think might be of interest to the wider community.

If you spot a thread you think really ought to be featured, you can always use the report post icon to let us know - we can then take a look.

Well, I hope you like our new homepage, and the power we are bestowing upon you - it will be interesting to see what kind of stories you think are worthy of being promoted on Dogsey. Hopefully, we can use this to promote and do even more good for our four legged friends...
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2014, 04:06 PM
Yeah More fiddley bits!!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2014, 05:58 PM
More changes! You're worse than a housewife who keeps rearranging the furniture lol!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-03-2014, 07:20 PM
I don't like it!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

26-03-2014, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Yeah More fiddley bits!!
Thanks Eileen - glad you like it

Originally Posted by Tang View Post
More changes! You're worse than a housewife who keeps rearranging the furniture lol!
When I lived with my parents I would re-arrange my bedroom every six months! No idea why but I just felt like a change

Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I don't like it!
What don't you like? The way it looks or that members get to take control of the homepage?

Although the old news was great, it was quickly becoming out of date - the last story was from last year. So I think this way it will at least be current as no special skills are required - everyone's normal threads can easily fit in
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-03-2014, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post

What don't you like? The way it looks or that members get to take control of the homepage?

Although the old news was great, it was quickly becoming out of date - the last story was from last year. So I think this way it will at least be current as no special skills are required - everyone's normal threads can easily fit in
The look of it.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

26-03-2014, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
The look of it.
It's the best we could do without images (for each story) and control over how items are posted tbh Shirley.

We'd normally have some preview text with each story, but because links and smilies (or other BBCode) might be used they would look weird in the preview. Images with each story won't be possible either as requiring one becomes a barrier - and I wanted to make it as easy as possible for people.

So we've had to add interest with the illustrations, font type and design - I think it works quite nicely, but obviously won't be as strong as a page with lots of images representing each story, but I can live with that ..hopefully you'll get used to it too
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2014, 08:14 PM
It should at least result in more recent new stories It'll be interesting to see how it goes as its the first thing I see when I log on.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

26-03-2014, 08:51 PM
Thanks Jenny - I just posted another story for you

I wonder who will be the first to post a news item in it
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2014, 08:55 PM
I don't ever go to the homepage, I come straight into the forums.
However curiosity got the better of me and I went for a look and I rather like it. I thought it seemed interesting.
Mind you I couldn't tell you what the old one was like so have nothing to compare it to.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >