View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2006, 09:13 PM

What badly advertised dogs have you seen?

I have been trolling through some of the lost dog ads for Siberian huskies and every other dog lost was lost whilst on a walk with owner off the lead! Most of the dogs were young too, obviously not taken the breeders advice (if given) that Sibes shouldn't be off the lead unless in an enclosed area or the owners have not researched the breed (or they havce and ignored it).
It makes me so angry that owners can be so stupid and put their apparently beloved pet at risk. I really hope for the dogs' sakes that they have not been hit by a car or shot by a farmer or worse.
A visitor once let Zuki out by mistake and I grabbed the lead and followed until I had her back on it. I hate to think of any animal lost but when it is blatently the owners own fault it makes me wonder whether the dog would be better off somewhere else.
Worse still I have actually seen Sibes advertised for adoption/sale telling you that they need 2hours a day off lead execise! Not stipulating thatit should be in an enclosed area?
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2006, 09:25 PM
I had a chap ring me about a Pointer that we had for re-homing, he wanted a dog that he could walk around the block a couple of times a day and then to sit quietly all the rest of the time. I told him that a Pointer was not really for him and that he should look for something less demanding, maybe an older dog that was nice and steady.

He then went to a 'breeder' who was selling a litter of GSP's, she charged him £500 and told him they need hardly any exercise!!! That a GSP would fit into the slow lifestyle that he wanted. The puppies were advertised as "well trained" - they were sold at six weeks of age. I should have gone to her when I wanted a GSP and I could have had one well trained at six weeks old.

I saw him a couple of months later with his GSP, he told me that he was disgusted with the advice given to him by the breeder and he said he should have listened to me - he spends at least three or four hours a day walking Rufus and when he's not walking him he is shovelling treats down his neck. The dog is gross, goodness knows what he would be like if he didn't walk him.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-08-2006, 09:49 PM
English Springer-minimal work needed, great housepets and make wonderful lapdogs., Little grooming needed, happy just to be with you at home all day-little excercise needed!...says it all really!