Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2006, 11:46 AM

My dog walk again ruined!

Hello all,

Yet again our regular dog walk has been ruined by fly tipping. I have just got back and am so annoyed that I thought I would have a rant to like minded people. Someone has chucked out an old television and the glass from the screen been spread all across the path and the road causing me to have to carry Zuki over the mess, so she wouldn't be hurt. The worst of this is the fact that Zuki had just been for a swim in the sea and was now incredibly muddy and me of course would be wearing a white coat! I am actually not worried about the coat, but some dog walkers would be unable to pick their dog up and it makes me so angry . Especially because we have a local tip who will take tvs and such like for free! Does anyone else have these problems?

Best wishes,
Donna & Zuki
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-07-2006, 11:49 AM
Not so much now,but we use too and I can see from my bedroom window so decided in future would get their reg no's and report them,they haven't done it since I had my good idea. Wonder if they knew what I was thinking.There is no excuse round here as we have a heavy squad and they will collect from outside your garden for free.
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2006, 12:09 PM
I was talking to someone the other day on my walk about people just dropping there litter all over the place and her friends dog fell on a empty drink and broke her leg and hip which has never fully recovered, all because someone couldnt managed to hold on to their can until they got back to the car, how difficult is that and now this poor dog will have to suffer for the rest of her life because of someones laziness and disregard for the local countryside! Makes me soo mad!
Tealeafy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-07-2006, 01:35 PM
how horrible. I havent seen anything like this myself but I would hate it. There would be no way I could carry my dog over mess such as this, he's way to heavy for me to pick up!

Some people
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2006, 08:07 PM
take your digi cam and photograpth the evidence, then email the pics to the council and also tell them u will be sending these same pics to the local newspapers. we had probs with something similar, and took pics, also a petion helps.
and id never be able to pick up ben hes way too heavy for me.
myeengun
New Member!
Male 

15-07-2006, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by bens mum
take your digi cam and photograpth the evidence, then email the pics to the council and also tell them u will be sending these same pics to the local newspapers. we had probs with something similar, and took pics, also a petion helps.
and id never be able to pick up ben hes way too heavy for me.
Thats a brilliant idea - we have a lot of flytipping around here - it is the few morons that spoil it for the majority.

My friend is a farmer and often has to spend his time clearing stuff that has been dumped on his land - then to add insult to injury he has to pay for the council tip to let him unload it there.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2006, 10:27 AM
What a shame, aren't people so thoughtless

Heck, I'd have never been able to lift Ozzy, I'd have done myself a mischief!!
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2006, 12:50 PM
That is a shame. Totally needless!

I live on a road that has real pluses and a few minuses. It is a no through road with only 7 houses, that has wonderful fields and woods at the end of it. The only minus is the secondary school that is at the other end! It is not the kids that I have the problem with, I dont see or hear them! It is the litter, among that broken bottles! It drives me nuts! Luckily no injuries as yet, but I am always dodging broken glass etc!