Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2006, 11:05 PM

options(think it's sorted)

Hi all,
We went to our son's option evening at school last night,they put on a presentation and a lovely buffet.
We spoke with the special needs and talked with Luke over the past couple of weeks and he'd decided to do land studies(gardening,farming etc,loads of field trips)Art,It,and a communtity based course called asdan,it's based on doing lot's of work out in the communtity,fund raising,social skills and learning life skills.
We are quite happy with his choice's and he would have loved to do an engineering course but there is loads of paperwork involved and because he isn't good at writing and reading he turned it down.
Just hope now he gets what he wants,fingers crossed.
Sal
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2006, 11:11 PM
aww im so glad his options night went well i really do hope he gets what he wants will keep me fingers crossed for luke
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2006, 11:13 PM
Thanks Jen,his Art teacher thinks he will do very well and get a gcse that would be an achievement with him been special needs.
Sal
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2006, 11:17 PM
aww thats excellent news i wish children with special needs was recognised more with in schools my sons schoool has a special needs unit they spend a certain amount if time in there with there reading and writing then for the rest of the day they go in with the other children and by this they have found that they are getting on much much better cos you got all the others all helping and its funny its turned the other way round the special needs kids help those without learning difficulties with other subjects that they are good at
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2006, 07:36 PM
josh has his in a few weeks , good for your lad hope he enjoys it
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2006, 07:45 PM
blimey! thats fantastic! we got given a form and told to bring it back the next day!