Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zuluandnaomi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-08-2011, 09:23 AM

And if this had been another breed?

Awful thing to have happened to this little girl, I hope she makes a quick recovery and is feeling better...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...og-attack.html

I really cant help but think how differently this story would have been portrayed...and especially by the DM....if it had been a bull breed for example.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2011, 09:34 AM
i see where you are coming from, it would of been totally different if it was a bull breed, but i dont agree with the dog being put down, i dont agree with bull breeds being put down just because they bite, you never know the full story. hope the little girl has a quick recovery, and the owner of the dogs do something responsible.

off topic slightyly but what kind of a name is icy? i thought that was the dogs name at first... then again with the other kids being called jet and thai (which also remind me of dog names and not peoples )
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2011, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
i see where you are coming from, it would of been totally different if it was a bull breed, but i dont agree with the dog being put down, i dont agree with bull breeds being put down just because they bite, you never know the full story. hope the little girl has a quick recovery, and the owner of the dogs do something responsible.

off topic slightyly but what kind of a name is icy? i thought that was the dogs name at first... then again with the other kids being called jet and thai (which also remind me of dog names and not peoples )
On "Dirty sexy things" there is a model who's name is Ocean Moon

I wish the girl a full recovery - computer is being slow so I can't get the article up yet..
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-08-2011, 09:48 AM
I commented on this story on page 4 of

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php...ous+than+small
Zuluandnaomi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-08-2011, 09:50 AM
Oh i did look to see if anything had already been linked to the article! must have missed that one!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by Zuluandnaomi View Post
Oh i did look to see if anything had already been linked to the article! must have missed that one!
The Dogsey search engine is absolutely brilliant as long as you know a few key words [and have a memory like mine - now where did I put my coffee? ]
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Believe me - nothing surprises me anymore about kids' names - so I didn't even register Icy (but then I came across an Ace recently, and a BJ - actual name, and lawd knows how many other eyebrow raising ones).

Malka - I used to work in a school that was an utter maze of classrooms in classrooms and the way we'd track down the head was checking the temperature of all the abandoned cups of half-drunk coffee en-route around the school (like that hotter/colder game).
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2011, 12:41 PM
The Daily Mail are idiots...always using emotive language ("maul, savage, rabid" etc.) which is unnecessary. This time they didn't get to use the picture of the foaming at the mouth barking Pit Bull or Rottweiler though.

It is unfortunate this child got bit, but in reality no one was there to see what happened.

As for the name 'Icy', all I will say is oh dear...good luck for that poor girl at school and when she tries to get a job in the future! good old parents and their alternative name choices, pleasing themselves but not thinking about the future of the child.