Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 06:55 PM

I don't believe it!

the roofers came out yesterday to repair our roof for the 7th time,it's not just leaking now its pouring in, in two places

I really don't know what they are going to do with it,I may very well insist thet put a complete new roof on,this is ridiclous!
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 07:39 PM
Work men arghhhhhhhhhhhhh , i hope you get your new roof SAL , xxdk
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 07:49 PM
Hope you get it sorted!
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-12-2007, 07:59 PM
Try to find out if they are members of the FMB (The Federation of Master Builders) http://www.fmb.org.uk/index.asp and get them involved, because seven attempts of trying to repair the same roof is totally unacceptable.

If they are not go to your trading standard office and get them to investigate them.

You we be amazed what can happen once a governing body gets involved.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 08:31 PM
Well It's leaking in now in four places and running into the electric strip light,I've just rung the out of hours who are not sure whether anyone will come out due to the weather

Wrong answer
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 08:40 PM
Thats a disgrace,hope you get sorted out quick style,xxxxxxx
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-12-2007, 08:46 PM
If it's running into the electrics phone your insurance company now to get them to send someone one out to do a temporary repair tonight.

You also need to isolate that electrical circuit because if someone turns that lighting circuit on (depending on if you have got an RCD fitted in your consumer unit), you could will get the shock of your life.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Well they have just rung back,apparently it's dangerous & too dark to get on the roof which I can appriciate.Been told to catch the water in buckets,bit difficult when it's running down the walls as well as dripping in through the lights.

Somebody is getting an ear bashing in the morning
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-12-2007, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Well they have just rung back,apparently it's dangerous & too dark to get on the roof which I can appriciate.Been told to catch the water in buckets,bit difficult when it's running down the walls as well as dripping in through the lights.

Somebody is getting an ear bashing in the morning
That's stupid because what are you supposed to do, stay up all night to empty the buckets. If this firm operates a 24hours service then they should respond. What do they do, only come out when the suns shining?

Have you phoned your insurance company to report it yet, because if damage occurs to the inside of your house because of it you will have to put in a claim.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by Colin Bradish View Post
That's stupid because what are you supposed to do, stay up all night to empty the buckets. If this firm operates a 24hours service then they should respond. What do they do, only come out when the suns shining?

Have you phoned your insurance company to report it yet, because if damage occurs to the inside of your house because of it you will have to put in a claim.
Tell me about it
I'm fuming,hubby has steam coming out of his ears

Yes phoned everyone possible,Sparky has phoned us and told us exactly the same as you did,Thanks....We had already isolated that part of the house before the sparky rung.
The out of hours are contracted through the council,they will also be contacting our H/A to say how urgent it is that we get a new roof.....In between all this I've been cooking tea,dropped & picked Luke up from footie,& been on the phone for ages......
oh well my life certainly ain't boring
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >