View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Windhound
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-04-2010, 09:20 PM
Mine is when my very large Borzoi (32" at the shoulder) stands and "Smiles" at me,there is nothing like it! Some people in Borzoi say that their dogs do not smile,when you have one that does it is amazing,a real smile,a big grin,you cannot but not smile back,my young bitch does it and stamps her front feet at the same time!
Luckypirate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-04-2010, 09:22 PM
Gotta be the first ball throw on a walk! Or just seeing him running free, he absolutely lives for it!

I also enjoy sitting in the back seat of the car with him, he's so good and cuddly, even on long journeys (although he lies across all 3 seats, with his head in my lap!).
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2010, 11:25 AM
I have had many over the years with different dogs but the one that always stands out in my mind, was after rescuing Shady from her awful life as a babe, she was very traumatised.
I will never forget the day she first gazed up at me with no fear in her eyes just love and trust for me and pressed herself right into me. That moment then bought tears to my eyes and it has done remembering it today.
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-05-2010, 06:29 PM
My special moments were when Zac would come to me and take my arm into his jaws. He would do this when I was sitting. He would put his head into my lap and then look up and begin to suck on my arm. He would also take hold of my arm or hand when out walking and quietly walk alongside me. I don't know why he did this, but I took it as a great compliment and his need to be as close to me as he could get.
kirstyS
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-05-2010, 07:30 PM
When I have a day off and don't have to get up at six, Feds gets into bed for a cuddle
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Some of these are so touching! Such a lovely thread

Kia greets me with "wiggles" whenever I return from being out. It is the cutest thing! And, our night-time ritual where she gets on my bed and tries to get under the covers! She won't get off until I have given her a good amount of attention! And, every morning. At around half 8 when she quietly jumps on my bed and kisses me on the lips to wake me up

She does know how to make me smile

Sarah xoxox
Jukesgirl
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-05-2010, 02:50 PM
My favourite has to be with Ruffus at night when he gets tired. He likes to lay on my stomach with his head stretched up so that when he snores it is right in my eear - i don't mind tha ti can't hear the TV i just like him being there and when something wakes him up he looks up, growls a little bit, licks my face and goes back to sleep.

He is such a sweety, he likes to sing with my dad as well. My dad starts mimicking doggy noises and then Ruffus wants to get held and starts howling along with my dad - not sure what the neighbours think but Ruffus loves it!

Sam
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2010, 03:12 PM
I had a really special moment with Pippin (feral dog) the other day. As we have had him longer he has come to trust us in many different ways, but somethings have always been very difficult for him to overcome.

The first time he choose to have any kind of physical attention from a person was about 2 years after he came to us. He walked up to Mum while she was on the phone to me and rested his head in her hand - had us both in floods of tears.

After 9 years I still get a buzz when he comes for a fuss - and he will allow you to touch him all around his head and neck , but he cannot cope if you go to his back or his rear end Unless its first thing in the morning and you are in bed!)

However - the other day he was settled on the sofa (flat out) and I walked past - as I moved towards him (normally he would tense ready to bolt) he lifted his back leg for me to stroke his tummy. It was the most amazing thing - I tickled his belly for a few mins and then walked away and he stayed there.

Its very odd -writing it out like this is seems like nothing....but it was a huge thing on his part to stay relaxed on his side while a person was bending over him.

He has had lots of special moments through his life - but this was a major one for me.
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2010, 03:21 PM
I love it when I give my lad Sam a hug and he rests his head on my shoulder and leans into me, like he is hugging me back
KelliJasper
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-05-2010, 04:05 AM
My most cherished special time is when me and my dearly departed Zeus would go hiking together, and we would stop and sit together and just relax and I would have my arm around him and it was just so wonderful every time.

Even the most simple thing, just going for a walk side by side... was his favorite thing to do.
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >