Our sister sites
Our sister sites
silv
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-01-2006, 04:51 PM

"more in" - "more out" ?(Burns v jWB)

Hi,
My 2 have been on burns but have got some jwb this time for the higher protein.I have just read the feeding instructions on jwb and have to feed nearly twice as much as Burns!!!!!!
Does this "more in" mean "more out"?????
I was still hoping for small stool volume
Saffy did have autarky puppy for 2 weeks but although stools were solid......there was so many of them!
Hohum.........
thanks for reading
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2006, 04:54 PM
Exactly, when people say Burns is expensive, really it's not, as you have to feed twice the amount of other dog foods.

And in answer to your question I would say yes, more in more out.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2006, 05:15 PM
I fed ekanuba for years then changed to JWB and the food doubled in weight...........

might be a good thing if we post how much food per body weigh a day with our brands ..... might be an eye opener ?
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-01-2006, 05:17 PM
Ive had to put Finn on the junior JWB as he is like a walking skeleton at the moment He needs to be fed 400g a day for his weight compared to 300g on Burns. He weighs just under 30kg.

Ive noticed more coming out at the other end too

I have already decided to put him onto Burns Active if I see no improvement in a month or so. Burns Active works out at £28 a bag compared to just under £40 for JWB and Burns lasts a lot longer.

Burns Active and Junior JWB have almost identical protein and oil levels.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2006, 06:29 PM
Ok, I've got bags of JWB, Burns and Autarky here, so for my cockers weighing 12kgs I have to feed the following:

Burns 120grms
Autarky 110grms
JW 225grms

So really JW works out twice as expensive as Burns as it's approx the same price per bag, but you have to feed nearly double the amount.
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2006, 06:37 PM
I worked in a petshop for a while. The ONLY reason why i won't try JWB is because the petshops gain nearly £10 per bag profit. Burns is hardly any profit.
So you get what you pay for. Just though i'd mention it.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2006, 06:56 PM
So basically what you are saying is you DON'T get what you pay for. If you pay £38 for a 15kg bag of JW and the shop makes £10 out of it....lol.

My girls like Burns, but the trouble is they like it too much, they eat it TWICE if you get my drift...... :smt078
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2006, 07:06 PM
I'm afraid so. My ex boss used to make us push the JWB sales so she would make a profit. I hated her for this. So i pushed the Burns sales. Worked though. She wasn't very happy with us. LOL.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2006, 07:07 PM
what about Hills does anyone feed that and have an idea of how much to feed a 9kg dog ......also arden grange

sorry no time research puppy folk on way
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2006, 07:11 PM
I used to feed Hills. My dogs look great on it....but its tested on animals. I was gutted when i found this out......so i tried Arden Grange....i am very impressed with this food. Mine are definately staying on this food. Andits BUVA approved & they LOVE it!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >