View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-07-2015, 06:04 PM
I really feel for you but have to agree with all that's been said. Your girl will be very stressed and I think she is beyond being rational and adapting.
I have grandchildren and would seriously be considering the same route to keep them safe when they visited and also the welfare of my dog that was there first.

As Gnasher and others have said we are supportive group and will not judge your decision. Wishing you all the best.
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-07-2015, 07:55 PM
Whata sad situation to be in .
As Lynn said, she is very stressed . I doubt if this is dominance, but more to do with living in a situation which she cannot cope with , maybe living indoors with another dog and too many people , its too much for her and she is using aggression to keep your other dog and people away from her and/or she is resource guarding.
She is also in pain and anyone who has arthritis knows how painful that is .

If she was once an outside dog , would she be happier and feel safer if she spent time in her own kennel and run outside while your grand children visited or when your staff were in your home?
In some countries you could consult a qualified behaviourist and they maybe could help improve her behaviour but I dont know if there any in your country or how good they would be.
There is Peter neville an experienced UK behaviourist of many years who founded COAPE in the UK and also in Cape town. It might be worth e mailing him to see if he knows any one or can offer advice to you.

http://www.coape.org/pfn/contact.html

Again , I'm sorry you are in this position , you have to make a very difficult decision and do what you think is best for your family and your dog.
Greg_Nilledem
New Member!
Male 

07-07-2015, 01:10 AM
Anna, I think you have the answers to your questions. I just want to encourage you to continue learning and not give up on training. Have a good one out there!
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-07-2015, 02:04 AM
I'm so sorry, I've just read your post. You'll have to make your own choices of course. But I can tell you the truth. Our dog Sophie is fear aggressive. Fortunately she is afraid of humans for the most part so she hides from adults. I love her dearly but I wouldn't trust her for a second with a child younger than teenage. She is that unstable. We're expecting our first grandchild and they will never meet Sophie. She's about 8-10 now and graying. Our other dog would be dangerous just on being a big dumb galoot. But really if you can't rehome to an adult only home it might be time to consider letting your pup go.
supaflyskye
New Member!
Female 

09-07-2015, 12:45 AM
Since she is so dangerous and unpredictable, both w/ people and your other dog, but especially w/ people, I honestly think the best course of action may be to have her euthanized.
Of course this is just my opinion, and you have to make this decision for yourself and your Koko, taking into consideration the welfare of the other dogs and people in your life. It is without a doubt an incredibly tough one to make. Best of luck to you in these difficult times, whatever you decide.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2