Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-04-2015, 03:09 AM

A Ferret I've Named Trouble and I Feel Sad

At work there's this ferret. Bigger than the others and almost blonde fur. He/She whatever gender it is...is the one who makes like a Halloween cat with it's cage mates. What a lover, she stands up for me when I'm near the cage. If I have to clean the cage she tramples the others to scurry up my arm. The perils of working in a pet shop...so many critters, there's also big bearded dragon I have a crush on.
So many critters so little time, and space. The fish are in the divider between kitchen and dining area in a thirty gallon tank. Think I could manage a single beardie tank next to that. The rats are a good five or six feet up on a high dresser in my kid's room. Sophie has such a high prey drive I can't trust her for a second.
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2015, 07:36 AM
She sounds a real sweetie. I do love a futret
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-04-2015, 09:26 PM
Love ferrets, I have 3 and they are wonderful, well 2 are wonderful... My female is still learning that skin isn't for biting, she's a bit of a drama queen.
They do bond so well with each other and with people and can become ill when separated from who ever they have a bond with.
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2015, 09:58 PM
When I had rats I kept them in an XL Tower which is meant to be a ferret cage.
http://www.zooplus.fr/shop/rongeurs/...m_et_1_m/95693

I couldn't imagine one ferret fitting in never mind 2!!!
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-04-2015, 12:32 AM
There was a customer I felt so sorry for...even the people who surrender fish are sorry to hand over their pets. This young woman had that style of full sleeve tattoos, severe hair buzz, definitely someone who could whip my butt. Her father passed away and she had to go to Puerto Rico to settle things. She was surrendering her ferret with it's travel case, food and accessories. You know that critter meant so much to her. I even suggested some possible foster families. But no she felt she had to sign her over for adoption. I wanted to give her a hug but knew it would just make it worse.