Our sister sites
Our sister sites
halfpenny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-01-2015, 07:27 PM

The halfpenny newbies!

Meet the newbies-

Blanche, Breck and Kitty ( another recent addition!)

Fraggle, you can see how thin he is.-

Eccles-

Rob Roy-

Edgar and Indigo-

The new chinchillas-

Flossy and Gracie-

Prue, Percy and Izzy.

halfpenny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-01-2015, 07:29 PM
Some long termers-

Some bonus photos of a couple of long termers!

Sonya and Quaffle, both of whom had to come inside due to the cold and mud.
Sonya is a broiler hen, a year old now so has lived 9-10 months longer than most of her type. She was struggling with the mud due to her size. Quaffle is our old drake who has arthritis and he too, was struggling with the cold and mud.

Willow, our 13 year old lab/ collie cross, enjoying a snooze-

Danny and Dillon, teasing Kenny the pig, because they want attention and annoying Kenny makes us react!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2015, 07:33 PM
Oh my you could open your own zoo
Lovely animals, I bet they keep you busy.
halfpenny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-01-2015, 08:53 PM
We run a sanctuary, so end up with many animals.
The sheep came because their owners were moving to homes without fields, they are older sheep and nobody wanted them.
The rabbits came via the local social services, their owner had mental health issues, they were not being handled or cleaned out, or apparently fed as they were thin on arrival, Fraggle was skeletal.
Rob Roy the cockerel was dumped in our neighbours' garden. It took a couple of weeks to catch him, he is a very feisty wee man, so I guess that is why he was dumped.

Edgar and Indigo were given to us as companions for our disabled cockerel, Tiny Tim, however one turned out to be a cockerel. Its very hard to Rehome cockerels so they will stay as a couple and there is another local sanctuary with a disabled hen on her own, so we are taking her for Tiny Tim.

Prue, Percy and Izzy are here because their owners are moving abroad. These chins are already rescues and Prue chews her own fur and self harms so they are here to stay.

We were given a sob story about Flossy and Gracie, a young mum who had health issues, didn't have time for them, the day after they arrived she was advertising on [a social network] for a kitten! Still these girls are quite lean so better they are safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2015, 11:37 PM
Awwww they are all beautiful, your rob Roy reminds me of my great grandads rooster big Jim.....used to chase us round the garden Lol, ran for my life on more than one occasion with him.
it is mad the way people offer animals though, the legion i drink in has a lady who comes in, her daughter had bought a house and the people had ******ed off and left their sheep behind and some cats.....she was asking everyone if they wanted the sheep or cats, the cats fair enough but the sheep....we all live in houses with regular gardens