Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kimmie91
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-04-2014, 09:11 PM

Cheap places to stay with dogs?

Im not sure where to put this on the forum but here it goes.

I am trying to find the best websites or specific forums where i can find cheaper hotels/caravan parks (which provide sleeping places, not bring your own tent) so i can travel the UK for game fairs.

Im travelling from the Isle of Man, so would be over for 3 days or so hence wanting more then a field and tent to sleep in. Yet cant afford the £300+ weekly stay for country accomodation (the places need to be pet friendly).

Any help appreciated
Bobble
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-04-2014, 10:08 AM
If you go to the Dogs Trust Website there is a link there to dog friendly holiday accomodation. I'm pretty sure I've used that in the past. However we now have a couple of favourite holiday cottages and are members of the Caravan Club and can take the dogs to their sites.

In some ways the obvious answer is to get a Camper van and join the Caravan Club.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2014, 10:24 AM
Helena on here rents out a couple of dog friendly caravans.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2014, 10:57 AM
Yes I do, thanks Bev, here's my link to my website:

My Home Page - www.dogsforesthols.co.uk
or I'm in the Directory on Dogsey Here:
Dog Friendly Hotels and Holidays

Mine is the top one there Dogsforesthols.

I can also claim that I'm on page 45 of the Your Dog Magazine Where to Stay Guide, and you can't really get better than that

Problem with mine is, I'm almost fully booked apart from one or 2 weeks now in both vans, but if you're thinking winter, then I'm your girl if I'm in the right area for you of course.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2014, 11:27 AM
We have used sykes cottages and stillwells have a lot of pet friendly places too.
kimmie91
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-04-2014, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the replys ill have a look The only problem is the costs of having a caravan on tow. A car on the boat is £260 + let alone with something in tow haha
fidodido
New Member!
Male 

24-07-2016, 03:39 PM
Hello kimmie, there are a lot of sites where you can find a pet friendly accommodation. These are two of my fav http://www.friendlycottages.co.uk/ and https://www.dogstrust.org.uk/about-u...come-cottages/ although its for cottages. Hope it helps

brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2016, 04:43 PM
Travelodge take dogs. Also you could try www.dogpeople.co.uk
Ms. M
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-07-2016, 05:14 AM
Sound's so exciting! I don't have any help hope someone in here can help you with that! Good luck on your travel.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2016, 07:12 AM
Originally Posted by kimmie91 View Post
Im not sure where to put this on the forum but here it goes.

I am trying to find the best websites or specific forums where i can find cheaper hotels/caravan parks (which provide sleeping places, not bring your own tent) so i can travel the UK for game fairs.

Im travelling from the Isle of Man, so would be over for 3 days or so hence wanting more then a field and tent to sleep in. Yet cant afford the £300+ weekly stay for country accomodation (the places need to be pet friendly).

Any help appreciated
Unfortunately all pet friendly accommodation seems to be quite pricey - a captive audience and all that. You may be able to find a static caravan to rent which allows dogs. Travel Lodges allow dogs but are still a good £50-£80 a night on average.

Good luck with your searches x gnasher
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >