Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2013, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Thanks again to all my Dogsey friends , I can't tell you how much better it is knowing that 'you lot' are there caring ... I now understand fully how nice it is to receive supportive comments in a crisis.

No just tap water, but I have to leave it to get to room temperature and they aren't allowed to just fill themselves up with water, hence the 20ml syringe.

In spite of Rucksack still having an upset tum, Flash still worries me as he is so depressed and lethargic. Although he did follow me over to the fridge a couple of hours ago and I gave him a teaspoonful of cooked cod.

I have high hopes that they will be feeling better in the morning. Although we here are in for 30+ degree heat again tomorrow
It's so hard for them in the heat, let alone being ill in the heat. Poor pups.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2013, 08:39 PM
This is just when you could do with a drop of about 15 degrees in temperature isn't it - still, where you have them settled sounds to be nice and cool.

Is Flash normally the one to feel more sorry for himself in a crisis? At least he felt like a morsel of fish which is encouraging news.

Fingers, toes and eyes crossed here in the hope that tomorrow sees both of them more cheerful and on the mend.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2013, 08:45 PM
Just got back and had to pop in for an update and I'm pleased to hear Flash followed you to the fridge. When you say about giving the water at room temperature, I wonder if it might be a good idea to put a bit of hot water on that fish before giving it to them, so that it's not straight from the fridge and cold? I always have to do this with Zena otherwise it's such a shock to the stomach she would chuck it back up again. Just a thought Jenny.

I do hope you have a good night with them both and they're back to their running around the garden chasing each other and driving you nuts again and I'm sure it won't be too long. Poor boys, I feel so sorry for them, as well as you of course, you'll have aged another 10 years by the time they get over this as we all do when our dogs are really poorly.

I've just looked over to Zena, who has just had scrambled eggs and is now upside down slapping her tail on the floor, and after all I went through for those 2 years, it has made me realise just how lucky I am here.

Have a good night Jen, will be thinking of you.xxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-07-2013, 09:13 PM
Wishing you and the boys a peaceful night jenny and fingers crossed they are much better in the morning.
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-07-2013, 09:22 PM
Glad to hear your boys are improving - hope this continues and that you all get a good rest tonight. Hope to hear good news tomorrow. xx
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2013, 10:20 PM
Rucksack is definitely feeling better than he was and is now sitting by the front door waiting for my son to come back from work (his one-legged, headless duck ready to give to him). However, little Flash is still very down and not really interested in anything

Thanks for the tip Helena about the fish, I'll try that tomorrow.

I'm hoping for a better night as I'm feeling shattered
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-07-2013, 10:24 PM
Can't remember the course of events, was it Rucksack who was poorly first, because if it was then he will be the one who gets through it first, but then again I am thinking it was Flash......
If you remember when all the puppies got ill, Lona got it mildly first, then Mabs got it a bit worst, Cariad didn't get it at all, the puppy to get it the worst was Sasha and then Keshi, but the boys didn't get it as bad, so it could depend on them individually maybe as to how strong their constitution and immune system is, which is maybe why Flash is still not himself.
Please try and get some rest, you will be a zombie.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2013, 11:23 PM
Just checked in to see how "you boys" are.

Good to see they are not still chucking blood out, hope Flash soon feels a little better, maybe the AB's are taking more time to kick in??

take care of yourself too, try to get some rest.
xx
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2013, 05:53 AM
Sorry I'm so late with this. Haven't looked through the texted posts lately. I hope they get better soon.

Do you know how they got this? I heard you mention ingested something. You mean like poo or something... or was it more like rotten food?

Just asking because I've never heard of this. Everytime I see a lot of blood in dogs poo, I always think parvo... which, of course means a vet trip - FAST!

Anyway, again sending vibes and hoping poor Flash is feeling more springy soon
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-07-2013, 06:37 AM
Hope the boys are feeling a little better today
Hugggge hugs to you all
Page 7 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »