Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 08:27 PM

How do i go about volunteering?

Hiya guys

Does anyone know how I go about volunteering for dog rescues.
I drive but need to be fairly local in case something happens when the kids are at school.
I was just thinking maybe a couple of hours at a time cause obviously I have demi and xena at home.
I've looked online but don't know where to start
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 08:32 PM
Phone the rescues in your locality. That's what I did when enquiring about 'fostering'. Some will be happy to just have an extra hand for 'walking' the dogs etc.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 08:42 PM
Yep just call any of your local dog rescue places, they are often happy for people to walk their dogs or spend time with their cats. I used to walk dogs for the Blue Cross. The other thing you could do is call The Cinnamon Trust, they aren't rescue dogs but they have a net work of volunteers walking and caring for the pets of elderly and disabled people so that they can keep their pets.....keeping pets out of rescue centres really!
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Yep just call any of your local dog rescue places, they are often happy for people to walk their dogs or spend time with their cats. I used to walk dogs for the Blue Cross. The other thing you could do is call The Cinnamon Trust, they aren't rescue dogs but they have a net work of volunteers walking and caring for the pets of elderly and disabled people so that they can keep their pets.....keeping pets out of rescue centres really!
Aww that sounds brilliant, I'd love to help people like that. I'll try and find the website and give them a call definitely. I can only find 3 rescues within 29 miles of me. But I will call those tomorrow
shirls
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-06-2013, 12:17 PM
Rescue helpers unite and rescue aid for animals are 2 great websites if you want to volunteer. Many rescues post there asking for help.
Good luck
Shirls