Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 07:51 AM

2 Kitty Tales

Hi, had to share this with you on a wet friday morn.Yesterday went to the doctors,to have a blood test,its near nigh impossible to get a sample,but as I was being poked,and thinking to myself,if I had a cup of tea now,it would probably come out of all the little holes.Anyway to distract me,we were chatting,normally we talk about her dog fang,dear little thing shitsui, but today she was talking about her OH who was clearing out the garage so he could put seedlings in there,he had fang with him,he had cleared all the front,when fang disappeared under the work bench,he started to bark,the nurses OH decided to see what if anything was making fang bark,he again pulled some stuff and in doing so found a bucket,fang was racing around him trying to get to the bucket,the OH lookedin the bucket and there was a cat curled up,but despite all the noise it didnt stir,so the Nurse was called,and the cat had died in the bucket,they dont know how it got in,the nurse was visibly upset but will try and find the owner.

It then brought to mind, my first house was a house share in Croyden,and there were students and a cat,we all looked after this cat,it was rather disdainful and didnt encourage us stroking it,just as long as we fed it,it would put up with us.The house was an old victorian with an impressive tiled hall and stained glass on the door,the cat liked to lie in the hall,as it was a bit of a suntrap,so when we came home we would find the cat stretched out,all the days post on top off the cat,it never stirred.One day I bought a Cortina,that needed a lot of work,the men in the house just loved the thought of getting it started, in no time it was stripped,anyway one of occupants,asked me to get them a wrench,couldnt afford one,but knew someone at the college who had a lot of tools,so asked this person if we could borrow the wrench,he wanted to get involved with the Cortina project,so he said he would drop the wrench in,forgot all about it,until I got home,most of us go through the back,as the hall was a nightmare to keep clean,I put the kettle on,and went through to the hall for the post,The cat was on its side,and the wrench was by the cat,he had posted it through the letter box,so without thinking got a towel as the cat was out cold,called a taxi and got to the vet in Purley,they kept the cat,finally we got it back,nd we all put something towards its treatment,but the cat was never right,he would only walk so far and then turn back on itself,his tail was always up and he constantly purred,but he still slept in his favourite place in the hall.crystalgirl
Jackalyn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-03-2013, 10:22 AM
Oh that's sad , poor little cats.glad the second one survived but hope it wasn't in any pain after. Suppose it couldn't have been too bad if it was always purring. Did they ever get the cortina working. Love your little stories.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by kodimeg View Post
Oh that's sad , poor little cats.glad the second one survived but hope it wasn't in any pain after. Suppose it couldn't have been too bad if it was always purring. Did they ever get the cortina working. Love your little stories.
Hi Thankyou for appreciating my stories,have you read the one about the drunken irish man.The nurse has put her foot down her OH is going to have too clear the garage,as she is worried that someother Animal could get in and end up like the poor cat.
Re the cortina,it was bright yellow,and the students from spain bought it from me,they kept getting stopped,no wonder when the number plate read BOO Crystalgirl