Our sister sites
LupiLu
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-10-2012, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Emporars new clothes
People believe he is an expert cos he is on TV
People want to believe there is a magic bullet for dog training and dogs are 'bad' because they are not a good enough leader
Because people think he is an 'expert' they believe what he is saying and so dont see it as cruelty
People honestly believe that positive trainers would give up on the dogs that he 'rehabilitates' so he is their last and only chance

Yep I agree entirely Ben Mc. People believe any/everything they see on tv. He must be an expert because he's on telly! Also I think you're right in that he portrays himself as the last resort, he'll 'fix' dogs that nobody else can.
Garnie
New Member!
Female 

19-10-2012, 11:00 AM
Because people believe the hype that says he saves the lives of a lot of dogs and that is this is the case the end justifies the means.

I even have friends who are dog training instructors who think his methods are better than Victoria Stilwell's

That is why (imo) he is sooooo dangerous.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2012, 11:15 AM
Did mine with pleasure.
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2012, 12:05 PM
[QUOTE=MerlinsMum;2609739]What would you most like to ask Cesar Millan?
To give up dog training and get a proper job.[/QUOTE

Good one MM
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2012, 01:16 PM
Done
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2012, 06:52 PM
Glad so many people are getting their views across. Sadly a lot of people think he must be an expert just because he's on tv
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2012, 07:29 PM
Done
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Done with pleasure-hope it makes some difference somehow

Having had my lovely boy Buster P.T.S. today all I could think of was what could have happened to him
We were his 3rd home at the age of 12 weeks
He was brought back for being " destructive" and yet was the most gentle dog you could imagine
When we got him he was so nervous as he had obviously been ill-treated,yet he showed no signs of aggression with us in the 15 yrs we were blessed to have him
If C.M had had anything to do with his "training" he would probably have been P.t.S .

It makes me feel so angry and sad that so many people see him as some sort of "Saviour" who will solve all their problems

Maureen
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2012, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by Ollies mum View Post
If C.M had had anything to do with his "training" he would probably have been P.t.S. It makes me feel so angry and sad that so many people see him as some sort of "Saviour" who will solve all their problems
Hear hear! So sorry to hear of Buster's passing... but he was one of the lucky ones who found an educated and understanding heart.

I know Merlin would and could never have had any life if he'd gone to someone using CM's methods.
Garnie
New Member!
Female 

19-10-2012, 11:10 PM
The sort of heath problem that could cause aggression might include anything causing pain or problems affecting the adrenal glands or brain, for instance a friend's young dog started to become aggressive when it developed a brain tumour. I really don't have sufficient health knowledge myself to be more specific - I just know that many behaviourists will only take referrals after the dog has been checked by a vet

Also, while not exactly a health issue here may be a possibility that some dogs could show increased aggression after neutering http://www.dogstardaily.com/blogs/ne...iour-got-do-it.

I do understand your concerns re a muzzle but wonder if you could get round it by hand-feeding through the muzzle? Along somewhat similar lines to 'surprise party' is Jean Donaldson's Open Bar (I think she calls it) technique.

I do think your best bet is to get help from a good behaviourist.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >