Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2012, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
OMG!! This makes me SO angry!! I am sympathetic with their financial troubles, but I am in a similar position myself and I would work even longer hours than I do already if I had to, to keep my 2 boys - and we have only had Ben 2 years, and Tai 4. A new addition to the family IMO is NOT a good enough reason to rehome a faithful old friend like Skye.

My boys would SO love her, she is absolutely gorgeous, but we have no more room at the inn unfortunately. If we didn't have Ben, it would be a definite possibility because Tai is now 10 and although hares round like a lunatic still, and can still catch rabbits, he would appreciate the calming influence of such a mature lady!! she looks absolutely fantastic, I am gutted that I cannot help
If the family addition, is a young baby, and they have tried to integrate the baby and dog, behaviourisit etc. Then I cannot blame them for wanting to ensure that their child is safe.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by Greyhawk View Post
Both her breeder and the club are aware and are working to get her back/get her a new home

It's so sad that she has been given up at that age
I hope they can Greyhawk I have been thinking about her all day xx
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Aw if my two were more accepting of other dogs I'd take her in a heartbeat! But I don't think our house would be quiet enough for her poor thing

I hope she finds somewhere warm and loving to live out her twilight years :'( I bet she wasn't grumpy at all, they just can't be bothered anymore! And if she was grumpy who can blame her?! Poor love x
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Nikki, I think Tai is coming up 9 this November, he was 2 when I fostered him, and Tawney was still alive, she died a few weeks later, and that was 7 years ago.
Absolutely disgraceful they wouldn't keep her, my girls eat hardly anything now they are full grown, Mabs is a different story as she is still growing, but the girls cost pennies nowadays and could afford to lose weight if anything.
So so so sad, no room at my inn either, and I know my older girls would pick on her, they gave poor Zillar no peace when I took her back, there was some sort of altercation every day, and I have kept Mabs back now anyway, 3 is more than enough to walk!!!
His papers show him as 10 from the rescue - but this may be a mistake, either way I would have loved to have taken her on. I will ask Mike, but I know he will say no. She would be so fine with my 2 boys, they are both brilliant with bitches and would welcome her into their humble home i'm sure! She is just so sweet though, I am sure someone will come up trumps!
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Poor old girl
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Poor old girl
She deserves so much better. If she is a typical Mal she will have given her all, her undivided loyalty, to her family. They are very much pack animals, and I am sure she will not take kindly to being ousted.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-08-2012, 05:01 PM
His father is Shanaska (Sulin Ice) who is Sulin Inca's litter brother and I'm pretty sure he would only be around 10 himself now, so I don't think it is physically possible for him to have done the deed quite so young
Not surprised you got duff info considering the person who gave it you!!!!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2012, 05:09 PM
Lovely looking girl
Although some things sound a bit dodgy - like the age being wrong
I wouldnt condem someone saying they could just work longer hours
It isnt always as simple as that - I am seriously skint at the moment - I would work more hours if it was possible - but I cant make more work than there is
and in my last 'real' jobs every company I was in when they started struggling the first thing to go was overtime - so its not always possible to just make more money

and if the new addition is a baby and she has been OK with children in the past then this wasnt something the owners could predict

obviously none of us know the true situation - but I can only imagine how hearbreaking it would be to have to give up a much loved family pet at her age if the situation is so far out of their control
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2