Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
087sammie
New Member!
Male 

21-04-2012, 02:20 PM

Help dogs wont stop fighting st bernard samoyed huskey

hi folks iam new to the site and urgently need some help. Ill tell ye the full story and hopefully ye will be able to better understand. I have a samoyed and a bernard. Bernard 5 and samoyed 6.They had a fight three weeks ago and we broke it up.Seperated them and the following day we put them on leads took them for a walk and they were fine.Once the leads came off they started to bark and a fight broke out again but this time they locked on to each other and I had to put my hand into the bernards mouth to open it and got all cuts in my hand.I spent 9 thousand fencing in the back yard for them Iam out the country so I have 2 serersted pens for them so I said Id leave them for a week.Week was up and walked them again once leads came off 10 to 20 seconds fighting.It took myself and my wife and son to seperste them they both locked on to each other and I had to prise both thier jaws open only this time they did each other damage and ripped two nails off my hands and a load of cuts.Asked a dog trainer in canada and he said two wrong breeds together. Said they have been together since pups.He said it is only now that their behavour patterns are kicking in.Said they will never be able to be together again.Might not fight for 6 months but if they do one will kill.It will break the wifes heart if one or both has to go is he right.If anyone knows these breeds and can help please help I dont know what to do.Sererating them forever is cruel the bernard wants to play and they want to be together but could not stand to see one get killed.Am I a bad owner as the guy in canada said for not putting them first and rehomeing them to a suitable home. Please folks help
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2012, 02:23 PM
I hope you get some useful help and advice here. All I can say is that if every time you let them get together they injure one another AND you and members of your family - I'd agree they should be kept apart.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2012, 02:24 PM
So sorry you have this situation. I would think that you need to get a qualified behaviourist in to see them first hand and give you advice but it sounds as though you know what the answer is..................
087sammie
New Member!
Male 

21-04-2012, 02:30 PM
I think I know the answer but my wife even though she knows wont admit it.They are like her kids.There is nobody within 300miles of me that would know anything about it.They would pretend they would.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-04-2012, 02:32 PM
i think you have probably been missing lots of signs, signals, body language. so i agree, you need a home visit consultant

are they neutered?
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2012, 02:32 PM
Does your wife have any answers other than keeping them separate or rehoming one of them? I just read your account of this on the ie dog forum - the samoyed bit a chunk out of the St Bernard's leg?

That's very distressing.
087sammie
New Member!
Male 

21-04-2012, 02:35 PM
Iam new as well and have the same problem only my two dogs won tstop.If you find the answer b4 me will you let me know.If I find any advise I tell you. I cant advise myself As I dont know what to do with my own sorry
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2012, 02:38 PM
I agree with getting a behaviourist on site to see visually whats happening and if anything can be resolved.

There are people on here who can give you useful site for qualified behaviourists as not all are.

I know there have been times when members have suffered the same thing with 2 bitches and some have had good results.

Best wishes
rough
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-04-2012, 02:42 PM
i see you have 3 dogs. does the husky get involved iin the fights?
087sammie
New Member!
Male 

21-04-2012, 02:43 PM
The bernard wouldnt bite me I think. My hands got stuck n her teeth.We carried the dogs to the vet I got a bandagehaha but its true
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »