Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CharleyMaddison
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2011, 10:47 AM

Bolton Schutzhund Club

Hi does anyone on here train at this club - have any knowledge of it?

I would be interested in finding out more about Schutzhund and whether my 2 year old GSD would be suitable for this type of training?

So for those of you who do Schutzhund what temprement of dog is required, and what training level before you start?

Also are clubs usually very strict about attending every week, as I work shifts and wouldn't be able to make every training session.

I live in Chorley and I believe that the nearest club to me would be Bolton Schutzhund Club which is actually in Warrington - does anyone know of any others nearer? Also interested in any local Working Trials Clubs?

What breeds can do Schutzhund?

Thanks
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by CharleyMaddison View Post
Hi does anyone on here train at this club - have any knowledge of it?

Both my dogs did their AD at this club, and one of them got their FH1 and FH2 there.

I would be interested in finding out more about Schutzhund and whether my 2 year old GSD would be suitable for this type of training?

Go along and Kurt will make you feel very welcome.

So for those of you who do Schutzhund what temprement of dog is required, and what training level before you start?

For this sport it is imperative that the dog has a sociable, outgoing, stable temperament.

When you go you and your dog will be evaluated to determine whether or not you are suitable.

You will be required to train tracking, obedience and manwork not just manwork.

A BH is required before you can enter Schutzhund competitions to demonstrate the dog is of the correct temperament and you have sufficient control to go further

Also are clubs usually very strict about attending every week, as I work shifts and wouldn't be able to make every training session.

No, but they are strict about training all the phases.

I live in Chorley and I believe that the nearest club to me would be Bolton Schutzhund Club which is actually in Warrington - does anyone know of any others nearer? Also interested in any local Working Trials Clubs?

What breeds can do Schutzhund?

Any breed can do Schutzhund.

Thanks
Here is a link to all the GSDL WDG branches in the UK.

http://gsdleague-workingbranch.com/contacts.html