View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2011, 08:34 PM
Loui is becoming wary of a certain breed that he's been bothered by but apart from that (I feel there is a certain amount of fear there, even if not drastic) as he has matured he is not so tolerant of males,(not fear) especially if they are exciteable (humping, jumping, paws on shoulders...) if that happens he will grump but I do think he just does it as a 'go away' and isnt up for taking thier nonsense, then looks to me and I will get rid of them, take them away a bit...I dont see that as a bad thing as he isnt interested in fighting he just wants left in peace. He is just telling them 'get lost'

However we have recently had a couple of occasions when he has given it loudy on the lead if a large young male has been watching us, excited, pulling towards us etc passing by so I will need to work on this as he never used to.

I do notice that Loui is more curious of nervous dogs and will lie down and as they near he will watch them, if they look away or change body position as if they dont want him, he just gets up and carries on with me, if they are curious he will sniff then allow them to follow and watch him...

Funny the things you see in your dog...you get a lot just watching.

I think if he isnt going out of his way to cause trouble, the 'telling off's' arent escalating then he is just telling them he dosnt want them. Fair enough.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3