Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2011, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by kirsty_ View Post
Does anyone have a picture of their dog holding one? I want to see if the medium would be big enough for my GSD but i don't want it too big as he carries it around for quite a while
ok didnt quite get a photo holding one as was getting dark and keen to get on but I have a few photos so if these help
he isnt holding the whole ball here, just the edge/middle but hopefully give you an idea.

This is the ball (without rope)

here they are right after a walk

here they are rinsed under a tap (what I like about them - no drying out time etc) and you can see they stay bright enough after washing

and here they are next to (washed) tennis balls

phew
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2011, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
ok didnt quite get a photo holding one as was getting dark and keen to get on but I have a few photos so if these help
he isnt holding the whole ball here, just the edge but hopefully give you an idea.

This is the ball (without rope)

here they are right after a walk

here they are rinsed under a tap (what I like about them - no drying out time etc)

and here they are next to tennis balls

phew
I think you can get the tennis ball one in a larger size as well?

Has anyone tried one of these?
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2011, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I think you can get the tennis ball one in a larger size as well?

Has anyone tried one of these?
yes both of those are medium and you can get large - wtf am I getting commision?

apparently the large is an inch wider
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2011, 09:15 PM
Looks good so far, thanks for the pics Dobermann
Will look forward to mine arriving in a few days.
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2011, 09:27 PM
he isnt holding the whole ball here, just the edge/middle but hopefully give you an idea.
Thanks for the pictures, i think the medium should be fine if its ok for your dobie. Does he bite it alot as im worried my gsd will destroy it quick as can see the tooth marks on it
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2011, 09:29 PM
yes both of those are medium and you can get large - wtf am I getting commision?

apparently the large is an inch wider
- I have a small one I picked up a few years back (it was freebie as I had spent so much on other things!) came with a Ball launcher thing - but it is a bit small for all of mine (I am phobic about small balls! - no joke intended )
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2011, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the pictures, i think the medium should be fine if its ok for your dobie. Does he bite it alot as im worried my gsd will destroy it quick as can see the tooth marks on it
not really, he likes to grab at the rope though and if you look you will see he has broken through the protective rubber part over the join in the rope so I will need to get electrical tape and just go over it as I have no idea if its melted or glued (one of the two by the looks so should be strong enough if melted) tbh he has a strong bite once he gets going but I dont think it will get destroyed as its not anything like what a vinyl, soft rubber toy would look like and you cant part the nicks in the foam at all (unlike rubber or the coated foam ones) and also no damp comes out afterwards so it might get pretty worn looking but I dont think it will get destroyed at all (but then I wouldnt leave them with him, he could destroy it if he set his mind to it and left with it), but for using on walks I honestly dont think it would get destroyed.
Only thing is if your dog likes to grab wholly on the ball then maybe a large, other than that, medium is fine I think?

The other thing I noticed is that all these balls on a rope to throw further etc, I never understood that...didnt seem to work for me (hence why I got the thrower and ball too) but with this one you really can throw it far with the rope for not too much effort! It is very light for longer walks too but not so light it runs away with the wind if you know what I mean.
Smokeybear, whats yours like now?

Edit; he was really going for it tugging tonight though for a dog not too bothered yesterday, was surprised at the strength of him tbh, hence bite marks I think
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2011, 09:46 PM

The other thing I noticed is that all these balls on a rope to throw further etc, I never understood that...didnt seem to work for me (hence why I got the thrower and ball too) but with this one you really can throw it far with the rope for not too much effort! It is very light for longer walks too but not so light it runs away with the wind if you know what I mean.
I was amazed at how far mine went when It was thrown. Seemed to go for ages! I thought it would be a bit pathetic when thrown!
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2011, 09:47 PM
not really, he likes to grab at the rope though and if you look you will see he has broken through the protective rubber part over the join in the rope so I will need to get electrical tape and just go over it as I have no idea if its melted or glued (one of the two by the looks so should be strong enough if melted) tbh he has a strong bite once he gets going but I dont think it will get destroyed as its not anything like what a vinyl, soft rubber toy would look like and you cant part the nicks in the foam at all (unlike rubber or the coated foam ones) and also no damp comes out afterwards so it might get pretty worn looking but I dont think it will get destroyed at all (but then I wouldnt leave them with him, he could destroy it if he set his mind to it and left with it), but for using on walks I honestly dont think it would get destroyed.
Only thing is if your dog likes to grab wholly on the ball then maybe a large, other than that, medium is fine I think?

He would only have it on a walk but does like to chomp as hes carrying it. Will give it ago
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2011, 09:57 PM
He would only have it on a walk but does like to chomp as hes carrying it. Will give it ago
mine does too which I think is what put him off to start but now he seems to like them, when they chomp down, you can hear the ball sqeak against their teeth So think they can only damage the surface, if that makes sense? I know he likes the Kong balls better but honestly he is too strong for them now and it would cost an arm and a leg to keep him in balls....so I am sticking with these.
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7