View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
paulandfloyd
Dogsey Junior
Male 

02-04-2011, 06:20 PM
A bit pricey, then again its pets at home.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2011, 06:21 PM
?What is PAH?

One should not look at the initial cost of a product but the cost per use. So if a ball is £1 and lasts 10 minutes it is not as cheap as a ball that costs £10 and lasts 3 years...........
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2011, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
?What is PAH?

One should not look at the initial cost of a product but the cost per use. So if a ball is £1 and lasts 10 minutes it is not as cheap as a ball that costs £10 and lasts 3 years...........
Pets At Home
(P&F - but that was the link I posted not SB's)

The ones in Dog-games-shop was SB's link - the recomended toy
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Hi, I have ordered the Farflung and the medium ball as well (as the medium ball on a rope) since the other ball throwers have a curve and they seem to wear out and not throw that well after a while....so I will let you all know how that goes when they arrive. (hoping the foam ball will last better for this too - they get quite a battering so that may be a bit hopefull of me but soon find out)

I ordered them here http://www.traininglines.co.uk/dog-toys-783-0.html as the dog games shop didnt seem to have the farflung. The guy said they were quite impressed with them as they lasted a lot better than they initially thought they would when they first got them in. (his GSD's have them/had ball years) So thats good too.

Fingers crossed for the ball that withstands all weathers, Louis jaws constantly biting down/tugging, water, mud, grit and his favourite game of drop in a very muddy puddle and dig on it! (constant search eh)
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 04:32 PM
Im always looking for a good ball on a rope. The orbee one didn't last long at all. Which size do you think is best for a GSD, will the medium be big enough?
DippyLeo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Fancy that smokeybear .... look at you agreeing with with your dog!! Surely I've misread that

* Tut tut tut *
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 04:38 PM
Im always looking for a good ball on a rope. The orbee one didn't last long at all. Which size do you think is best for a GSD, will the medium be big enough?

I got the large for my boy, (see his picture on sable GSD thread) but if you have a smaller GSD, you may find medium is fine, I prefer to provide my dogs with the biggest balls that will fit in their choppers for safety.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 04:54 PM

I got the large for my boy, (see his picture on sable GSD thread) but if you have a smaller GSD, you may find medium is fine, I prefer to provide my dogs with the biggest balls that will fit in their choppers for safety.
I hummed n haud over whether to order the medium or large but I went with medium as he prefers the tennis ball size and so far no ill repercussions from that so eventually went with the Medium having decided I was ordering large a few mins beforehand (also means I should be able to fit it in the Farflung (ball thrower)

The Medium is 2.5 inch diameter and the large is 3.5 inch diameter which is just slightly over the size he tends to be interested in hence my decision but I will just have to hope for the best now!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Sometimes you just have to suck it and see..........
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 06:35 PM
Sometimes you just have to suck it and see..........

Yep well hopefully they are 'right' and he likes them

I have went out past two days without a toy/ball as so fed up with muck/water....so think he will be pleased when they come!
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »