register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Would you/do you use or recomend a headcollar?
Yes, I have used or recomended collars such as the Halti, Gentle Leader etc 22 57.89%
Yes, I would use/recomend types such as the Dogmatic. 9 23.68%
Yes, I have/would recomend the figure of eight types. 2 5.26%
I have or would recomend(ed) but another type/brand.. 0 0%
No, I do not 'believe' in, like or recomend the use of a head collar 5 13.16%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Newfies2
New Member!
Female 

08-04-2011, 11:27 AM
The other thing I like about the dogmatic, though not in a practical sense, is that it has pretty paw patterns all around it. Mine is Royal blue with pretty yellow paw prints so it does not get mistaken for a muzzle.

I used the gentle leader for a while (my dog did not like it) and I got really fed up with people thinking it was a muzzle. One man even said "I am surprised you need a muzzle on a newfoundland". I pointed out that he could still open his mouth wide enough to have his arm off he was so inclined!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2011, 11:34 AM
I am not a fan of the dogmatic, I prefer the black dog head halter myself.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2011, 11:58 AM
I have used Haltis before but Cherry preferred the gentle leader head-collar I got. I used them when I first got my dogs as they were bigger dogs than I was used to and a bit pully and I have a neck injury.

After training I now walk them on harnesses as I was told to use one on Cherry after her eye operations. I couldn't use a headcollar on her now as I don't like things near her eyes anymore.

The headcollar was useful in the early days of Cherry's reactivity to other dogs as you can turn the dog's head away from the other dog.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by Newfies2 View Post
The other thing I like about the dogmatic, though not in a practical sense, is that it has pretty paw patterns all around it. Mine is Royal blue with pretty yellow paw prints so it does not get mistaken for a muzzle.

I used the gentle leader for a while (my dog did not like it) and I got really fed up with people thinking it was a muzzle. One man even said "I am surprised you need a muzzle on a newfoundland". I pointed out that he could still open his mouth wide enough to have his arm off he was so inclined!
Yup, people react a lot differently to the baby blue and baby pink leather Dogmatics then they do the black Halti I used to use
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4